Chapter 13

You yawned and blinked sleepily as you made your way to the kitchen. It was a cloudy Saturday morning which meant staying inside all day for you. You made a bowl of (favorite cereal) and went to the living room where you sat down on your couch. You turned on the television and the screen lit up. Your television was showing a news broadcast. You were about to turn it until you heard the news broadcaster speak.

"Today police have reported another murder. Kenta Nuro, a young teenage boy, was found in front of his home on his porch early this morning." Kenta's picture flashed onto the screen. Your hads started to shake as tears welled up in your eyes. "He had several wounds on his body. His face had many slashes on it along with his head being shaved and his eyes gouged out. His body was found slouched over on the steps of his home. Police have yet to link anyone to the murder. More information will be given out when the case progresses." You didn't even bother to listen to the rest of the news report. You hastily put on your shoes and ran outside. Kenta had given you his address earlier that week. You ran down the street not once stopping until you made it to his house. Police were scattered around in his yard and holding back people from moving any further than the police tape. You had tears streaming down your face as you stared wide eyed at an ambulance that had a body being loaded into it.

"(Y/N)!" You heard a voice call. You saw Yukito and Kaede come running to you with worried expressions. You started to sob. Yukito was the first to get to you. He embraced you and you quickly returned the hug. He rubbed your back soothingly as you sobbed loudly into his shoulder.

"H-He didn't deserve this!" You cried as tears stained Yukito's red hoodie.

"I know..." Yukito said in a quiet soothing voice.

"W-Why did h-he have to d-d-die?!" You sobbed. "H-He just go ho-home!" You clung to Yukito as if your life depended on it. He only continued to rub your back as you cried. You felt a hand rest on your head. You lifted your head to see Kaede with a gentle smile.

"It'll be okay (Y/N)..." He said quietly as he rubbed your head. He was smiling in a comforting way but his eyes looked...dull and...empty. Your vision started to get blurry with tears as you continued to cry.

Kaede continued to run your head wishing you would embrace him the same way you were embracing his brother. He knew you were upset but he also knew that you would get over it soon. Of course you would. Kenta was just an obstacle. A parasite. You were too good for him. Only Kaede could have you and you would realize it soon enough. He remembered the night before when he put his plan to exterminate Kenta was put into action.

Kaede was waiting in the shadows of the park. He watched from the bushes ready to spring on his target. Earlier that evening he had sent Kenta a message to meet him at the park to discuss an important matter regarding school. Hah. What a load of garbage. He gripped the handle of his knife tightly as he peered through the leaves. Kenta soon came through the gates looking around curiously. Kaede smiled darkly. Kenta walked down the path towards Kaede's hiding place. Kaede quickly sprang into action as he dragged Kenta to the ground and gagged him. Kenta looked at him fearfully as Kaede raised his knife. He plunged the knife into Kenta's chest. Kenta died within seconds in which Kaede found very enjoyable to watch as the light faded from his victims eyes. But he wasn't dome yet. He kept attacking Kenta with slashes from his knife all the while smiling insanely. He continued to do this for a few minutes until he grew tired of just attacking him with cuts. He thought for a moment.

'Hmm what to do next...' He thought looking at the dead boy. He looked at his hair. 'I remember my princess saying that she liked his dyed hair. That should be the first to go!" He thought he immediately started to cut off the boys hair until he was completely bald. 'And I remember how the parasite would look at my princess with that disgustingly perverted stare! His eyes should have been thankful to look at her beauty!' He thought angrily as he gouged out Kenta's eyes. He growled. 'And he would always say things to embarrass my poor princess! I should cut off his tongue too!' He aggressively sliced off his tongue. Kaede smiled wickedly at his work. ''(Y/N) will just love the present I made her! I bet she'll even hug me! She'll be so so so happy that the parasite is gone now. Now my princess and I will finally live happily ever after...'

Kaede was brought back to reality by Yukito shaking his shoulder.

"Kaede? You okay?" He asked worried. You were still clinging to him as your breathing slowly turned to normal. Kaede looked at your shaking figure then to his brother.

"Yeah I'm fine. Guess I'm just a little dazed about everything that's happened." He lied with a faked sad expression. Yukito sighed and nodded. He turned his attention back to you.

"C'mon (Y/N). We should get you home." He said. You looked up with red tear stained eyes and sniffed.

"O-Okay..." You said. Yukito started to walk with an arm wrapped protectively around your shoulder. You walked close beside him as you stared at the ground blankly. Kaede walked behind you two staring bitterly at your embrace.

That should be me... He thought angrily. I should be the one she's hugging...NOT HIM! Why can't Yukito keep his hands to himself?! Doesn't he know that she's mine?! He's always stealing my things!! Kaede thought back at every time Yukito had taken your attention from him. The first time they met he had talked to you all during lunch while you ignored Kaede. The first time you hung out he dragged you away from Kaede without giving him a second thought. He even had cuddled with you while he was sick! And now he was stealing your hugs from him! This was the last straw. Kaede decided that Yukito wasn't going to steal anything else from him ever again. A dark smile came across his face as an evil thought came into his mind.

MaYbE iT's TiMe I bEcOmE aN oNlY cHiLd...