Chapter 8

After your day out with the twins you walked home smiling. Your family greeted you with warm smiles. You went upstairs to find something to do. You decided to check your social media. After scrolling through your phone you found nothing interesting and sighed.

"There's nothing to do!" You complained rolling around on your bed. You groaned, extremely bored. You got up off your bed and was about to go downstairs when your foot hit something. You looked down and the corner of a book was peaking out from under your bed.

You tilted your head a lifted the book off the ground. You read the title.

Fairy Tales

The title was printed in golden cursive writing. The cover was just a plain burgundy. You shrugged.

"It'll give me something to do I guess..." You mumbled to yourself as you plopped onto your bed and began to read.

You spent a good two hours completely engrossed in your book. Most of the stories consisted of the classic and common ones.

Cinderella.

Sleeping Beauty.

Beauty and the Beast.

And others that you didn't even knew existed. You had just finished what seemed like your twentieth story and was about to continue when your stomach growled. You hadn't realized how hungry you were. Sighed you put the book down and headed to the kitchen. As you were about to walk into the kitchen you noticed your family gathered around the television set watching intently. You poked your head into the living to look at what they were watching.

"Police have reported two murders today." The news anchor said. "The victims have been identified as Hachiro Akamatsu and Keiji Funaki." Two images of boys, most likely school pictures given their uniforms, flashed on the screen. Your eyes widened. The pictures were so familiar. The boy in the picture that was labeled Hachiro looked exactly like the boy you kicked in the hallway while saving Kaede a few days ago. The boy in the picture labeled Kaeiji looked like the boy that Kaede and Yukito saved you from at the park earlier today.

"The victims were found strung up in the park beside one another. The bodies had various wounds in them and their eyes were gouged out of their sockets. Both had they word 'Parasite' carved onto the arm. Police have yet to link anyone to the murders. More information about the murders will be revealed when the case progresses." The screen faded into a commercial. You sighed looking at the ground. Even if they had bullied you they didn't deserve to die. You trudged back upstairs and shut the door. Suddenly your phone buzzed from your nightstand. You picked up the device and saw a notification on your phone. A direct message on your social media sent by an anonymous person named Knight_In_Shining_Armor. What an odd username. You checked their account and it had nothing on it. No posts. No followers. Not even a profile picture. Nothing. Confused, you read the message.

Knight:
How did you like my surprise (Y/N)??

You tilted your head confused.

(Username):
Who is this? What surprise?

You immediately got a reply back.

Knight:
Didn't you watch the news? I got rid of the awful parasites for you my darling!

Your eyes widened.

(Username):
Who is this?! Is this a prank?? If it is its definitely not funny!

Knight:
Sorry dearest. I can't tell you who I am. If I did you'd run away from me. Then bad bad things would happen. You wouldn't want that right, love?

(Username):
Why did you kill two innocent people you deranged monster!!

Knight:
They weren't innocent darling. They were horrible people who dared to lay their hands on my princess. They hurt you. They didn't deserve to continue living.

Your hands were shaking as you read the message.

Knight:
Oh and dearest! I almost forgot to tell you how beautiful you looked today!

You froze.

(Username):
Were you watching me?!

Knight:
What are you so mad about dearest? Is it wrong to tell the love of my life how much I ADORE her?

(Username):
It is if you're a crazy stalker! That's it I'm blocking you! And don't think I won't tell anyone! I'm reporting you to the police you psychopath!

You went to go block the person's account until you received another reply from them.

Knight:
I wouldn't do that if I were you (Y/N). You wouldn't want me to get mad now would you? If I get mad someone important to you might get hurt.

You stared at the message in shock.

Knight:
I have to go now dearest. I'm so sorry. But I'll make sure to talk to you again! You better reply when I do though! Have a wonderful day, I love you~!

You threw the phone away from you onto the foot of your bed shaking. Somehow you were the source of two murders. Somehow a psychopath was killing people for you. And on top of that they called you pet names like a couple would do for each other! You curled into a ball trying to decide what to do. Should you call the police?
Tell your parents? You thought back at the threat the person made. You didn't want anyone to get hurt. You sighed tears welling up in your eyes. You had no idea shat to do. You ended up crying yourself to sleep. You gladly welcomed the world of darkness. For once in a long time you had a peaceful dreamless sleep.