Chapter 4

After lunch you somehow managed to make it through the day. You were walking to the gate when you were suddenly attacked.

Well...

Attacked it a strong word. More like tackled into a hug. A hug by the one and only, Yukito Goto.

"(Y/N)!!" Yukito said cheerfully as he pulled back from the hug holding you by the shoulders. Kaede came up behind him staring at where his brothers hands held onto you.

"What do you want? I was hoping on going home and taking a nap. Why are you two stopping me from leaving?" You sighed brushing his hands off.

"Wow someone's a debby-downer." Yukito pouted crossing his arms.

"Yeah yeah. What do you two want?" You asked.

"W-Well..." Kaede butted in nervously. You looked at him. "W-we were wondering...if uhh...well y-you'd like to...uh...walk home together." He finished looking at his feet.

You sighed. You felt bad for him.

"Damn you two are lucky I'm nice." You grumbled. Kaede looked up at you his eyes shining. Yukito started to smile like an idiot. He took your hand and started to drag you down the street. Kaede raced over trying to catch up.

"H-Hey! Yukito wait uuuuup!" The brown haired boy called.

"Not a chance little bro bro! Im stealing your girlfriend haha!" Yukito called back. You sighed.

"You're an idiot." You said. You forcefully made him stop so Kaede could catch up. Yukito sighed.

"Aww you're no fun (Y/N)!" He laughed. You rolled your eyes and waited for Kaede. He finally caught up.

"You're a jerk Yukito." He breathed. Yukito just continued laughing which earned him a light punch in the chest from Kaede. Pfft. Serves him right.

"Let's just keep on walking. I wanna get home." You complained in a grumble. Yukito, still holding your hand, nodded.

"Okay!" He said. He started walking to the left of you while Kaede walked to the right. You noticed Kaede staring at your free hand. You just shrugged it off.

Suddenly you felt a slight tugs on your right hand. You looked at Kaede. His face was red as he stared at the ground. You looked at your hand and sure enough his hand was wrapped around it.

You can't help but giggle a bit. Kaede's cheeks became even redder. Yukito looked at you.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked.

"You both are dorks." You said trying to contain your snorts. Yukito just laughed with you.

"We are not!" He protested.

"Are two." You said calming down from laughing. You could hear Kaede chuckling quietly. You smiled. Even if they were annoying their personalities were admittedly adorable.

"Well if we're dorks then we're your dorks!" Yukito exclaimed happily. You looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? Says who?"

"I do! We are here by declared to be your best friends." Yukito said smiling. You snorted.

"Like a said...your dorks." You said.

"I didn't hear a protest!"

"Yeah yeah whatever!" You spent the next part of the walk smiling goofily as you listened to the two of them. Maybe you could let them be your friends.

The three of you entered town. You passed by a bakery that immediately caught your attention. Kaede caught you staring at the store and he stopped walking. You and Yukito stopped walking as well.

"What is it Kaede?" You asked.

"Oh! Uh!" Kaede said his face turning scarlet. "I-I uh saw you staring at the bakery! W-Wanna go in? I kinda owe you for lunch and all." He started to laugh nervously.

"Hmm. You sure? I don't wanna rob you of your money." You said. Yukito laughed and started to tug you inside the store.

"C'mon (Y/N)! It's fine! Let's go let's go let's go!" He said. You giggled and let them lead you inside.

Once you three were inside the store they immediately led you to the counter. Luckily there was no line.

"What can I do for you?" The worker behind the counter asked with a smile. Yukito's eyes lit up.

"Oh! I'll have a brownie! And a blueberry muffin! And a bread roll! And--" You cut him off.

"Slow down there." You said covering his mouth with your hand. Yukito laughed and uncovered his mouth.

"Sorry! Got carried away. Your turn (Y/N)!" He said cheerfully.

"Hmmm...I think I'll have a slice of (favorite flavor) cake please!" You said. The cashier nodded.

"Okay! Anything else?" He asked. You looked at Kaede.

"Uhh...uhhh I-I'll have...a u-uh a...chocolate chip cookie..." He said looking at his feet.

"Alright I'll have your things ready right away! Please wait over there." The cashier said pointing to a short line beside your spot. Yukito and Kaede led you over both smiling.

"Someone has a sweet tooth." You joked looking at Yukito.

"Yeah," Yukito said laughing a bit. "I've loved sweets ever since I was a kid."

"What about you Kaede?" You asked looking at him. Kaede looked at you.

"I-I uh...I've always liked spicy things better." Kaede said. He shrugged. "But sweets are a close second." He said. You nodded smiling at him. You three came to the front of the line and paid for your things. Yukito immediately started digging through the paper bag pulling out a muffin.

"Yay~!" He said as he started to eat. Kaede got his cookie and started to eat. He looked at you carrying the paper bag as you walked out of the store.

"A-Aren't you gonna...y'know eat (Y/N)?" He asked. You looked at him.

"Yeah. I'm gonna eat at home." You said. Kaede nodded. The three of you continued to eat and talk until you made it to the Goto home. You stood in front of their yard. You grabbed your cake that was placed in a Styrofoam box.

"Thanks for walking with us (Y/N)!!" Yukito said smiling.

"Y-Yeah! I had fun!" Kaede said flashing you a small smile. You nodded handing Yukito the bag that held the rest of his pastries.

"I had fun two! Thanks...dorks." You said. You turned around then looked over your shoulder. "Bye guys see ya tomorrow!" You said waving then walking home.

Both the boys were smiling like idiots as they went inside.

I can tell we're going to be great friends! Yukito thought beaming.

I can't wait to see my (Y/N) again! Kaede thought fidgeting with his school shirt. A dark smile came across his features. Heh my (Y/N)...