Chapter 2

(Y/N) was downstairs, in her school uniform, making a simple breakfast for herself.

She had already finished getting ready and it was only 6:37 A.M. Her school started at 7 a.m. so she had some time to kill.

After finishing her bowl of (favorite cereal), she decided to go to the park near her school while she waited. She grabbed her school bag and put on her shoes.

After opening the door she was temporarily blinded by the morning sunlight. After a few blinks she could finally see again. She started to walk down her porch steps until she noticed something.

On the house to her right, which was supposed to be vacant, there was a moving van parked in the driveway.

The owners sold it? Finally! I wonder if the new neighbors have any kids my age.

She thought, grinning slightly. She walked over to the narrow fence, that separated her home and her neighbors home.

(Y/N) was hoping to see a glance of her new neighbors. And to her luck the door opened, just as she reached the fence.

She peeked over the edge of the wooden barrier, to look at her neighbor.

A boy stepped into view. He looked like he was her age,so about 16, and was dressed in her schools uniform. He had chocolate brown hair and kind leaf green eyes. He was tall and slender. So to put it lightly, he was cute.

(Y/N) smiled and called out to the boy.

"Hello, there!" She said, waving her hand to get his attention. "I'm (Y/N)!"

The boy looked over and, immediately after he saw you, his eyes widened. He turned around and dashed into his house, not giving you a second glance.

Disappointed, you sighed. You shrugged it off as him being shy, and started to walk towards the street. Little did you know, those same leaf green eyes were watching your every move, from the window.

Upon making it to the park, (Y/N) checked her phone. 6:43 a.m. She shrugged and decided she had enough time to sit down and enjoy the scenery.

(Y/N) sat on a bench, by the fountain. She loved the park, especially during this time of year, when the leaves were changing colors.

She sighed peacefully, while leaning back to stare at the sky. A bird flew overhead and a cool breeze swept by.

It was extremely beautiful this time of year. (Y/N) wished she never had to leave. She closed her eyes, still smiling. She listened to the running water of the fountain, in front of her.

Suddenly she felt a buzz in her pocket.

She opened her eyes and took out her phone. Her alarm for school was going off.

(Y/N) stood up and quickly grabbed her things.

Shit! She thought, racing towards the entrance to the park. Im gonna be late!!

She hurried down the sidewalk to school. Luckily the school was close to the park, so if she ran she may be able to make it.

The school came into view. The last few students were making their way inside. (Y/N) hurried inside and looked around panting.

Students were at their lockers grabbing their things. She glanced at the clock. The bell was going to ring soon.

(Y/N) speed walked to her locker and grabbed her textbook for her first period. She was about to head off for her homeroom class, until she heard the voices she detested.

The Seniors...

They were one big group, consisting of very popular people, who thought they ruled the school. They bullied every new kid and unpopular person to come within a ten yard radius of them, (Y/N) included.

(Y/N) glanced around, and as she expected, there they were surrounding a boy. He looked familiar...

She decided they needed to be put in their place, so she set her stuff down by the wall and marched over.

She pushed your way through the crowd of bullies to stand in front of the boy, scowling at the older kids. If glares could kill they'd all be dead.

At first the bullies were confused but they soon started to giggle.

"Oh look!" Said their leader girl, Sage. "The lone wolfs standing up for the new kid! Isn't that ridiculous!"

The others agreed with chuckles.

"Leave him alone." She hissed. She glanced over her shoulder at the boy. Now that she had a better view of him, she finally recognized him.

It was her new neighbor!

He was looking at her with worried eyes. She shook her head. No time to be shocked at the moment.

Another senior walked over with a dumb cocky grin on his face. He grabbed a fistful of her (H/C) locks and looked into her (E/C) orbs.

"And what are you gonna do if we don't?" He asked. (Y/N) growled and reared her leg back. She kicked him in the shin, making him tumble over holding his leg.

The others stared at her astonished.

"Don't ever touch me!" She spat at him.

She grabbed the boys wrist and led him over to her things. She grabbed her things and walked away from the group of shocked seniors with the boy close behind.

Once the two were a good length away from them, (Y/N) freed the boy from her grip. She turned to him.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

The boy nodded. She smiled.

"Good! Im (Y/N) (L/N) by the way! What's your name?" She asked. The boy looked at the ground.

"K...Kaede...Goto..." The boy said. (Y/N) nodded.

"Okay! I'll remember that!" She said, giving him a thumbs up. Was it just her, or did Kaede's cheeks turn red?

"Thanks for...uh...y-y'know...back there." He said.

"No problem! they're jerks anyways." (Y/N) said. Kaede was about to say something, but the bell rang. "Well, I gotta go! Bye Kaede!" She said waving and walking off.

Kaede watched the girl leave. His heart was racing and he couldn't get her smile out of his head.

A small grin spread across his face. He didn't know why but it felt like he was being zapped by electricity when she held his wrist but it wasn't unpleasant.

He rubbed his wrist imagining her hand wrapped around it.

He felt warm inside.

He was happy.

And this is how our fairy tale begins.