Chapter 7

You woke up with a yawn. Glancing over at your alarm clock you stiffened.

12:37 P.M.

What?! You thought. How...what...WHY DID'NT THE STUPID CLOCK GO OFF?!

You had had your first peaceful sleep in a while and you must of not heard the beeping. Still, you were ready to claim sickness out of desperation not to get in trouble until you realized...

It was Saturday.

You inhaled and mentally screamed at your forgetfulness. You felt silly but shook the thought off when you heard knocking at your front door. You figured your parents weren't awake yet so you stealthily crept downstairs and opened the door.

Outside was Yukito and Kaede. Yukito, who was smiling brightly, immediately wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

"Good morning (Y/N)!!!" He yelled. You placed a hand over his mouth.

"Stop yelling," you hissed. "My family hasn't woken up yet! Don't you dare wake them up with your yelling." You took your hand off his mouth and he started to pout. "Eh?"

"(Y/N)! You're so cruel! I was just saying 'Hi', like a good friend should, and you scolded me!" He turned around wiping away fake tears. You rolled your eyes

"Stop overreacting and tell me why you guys are here." You said.

"Oh," Yukito's mood changed immediately. "We wanted to invite you to hang out today! Me and Kaede were gonna go into town and go to the arcade!"

"O-Only if you w-want to..." Kaede finally spoke. "A-And we can go other places too if you want to!" He hastily added. You sighed.

"Fine," you said. "I was planning on having a lazy day, but I guess going into town could be fun." Yukito and Kaede smiled. "Just let me go get dressed." You said turning on your heel to enter your house.

"Alright Bed Head!" Yukito said sarcastically. You shot him a glare and he started to laugh nervously. "I-I mean Sleeping Beauty! Yeah! Hmmm oooh that could be a great nickname for you!"

"How come?" You asked.

"Well you're always sleeping! And in all fairness you're adorable when you do!" Yukito said without hesitation. You flushed red and looked away.

"Whatever, dork! Call me what you want I don't care." You said hurrying into your house. All the while Kaede glared at his brother.

You hurried to your room and quickly picked out clothes.

You threw on a pair of ripped jeans and a (F/C) long sleeved shirt. You also put on a (F/C) hoodie due to the cold weather.

You brushed your teeth and fixed your hair. You put on your black combat boots and walked downstairs. You left a note for your parents saying you'd be home around five o' clock and headed out the door.

Yukito and Kaede were waiting. Once you came outside they lifted their heads smiling.

"Okay! Let's go!" Yukito grabbed your hand and started to tug you along out of your driveway. Kaede quickly hurried over to join you and grabbed your other hand. They led you into town, which was about a fifteen minute walk from your home, and immediately started to ask you where you'd like to go.

"W-Where would you like to go, (Y-Y/N)?" Kaede asked with a nervous smile.

"Hmm," you thought for a moment then shrugged. "I don't care. Anywhere is fine."

"Well then," Yukito said excited. "Off to the arcade!" He started to tug you away only to be stopped by Kaede.

"H-How about the bookstore instead?" He asked looking at you for confirmation. You shrugged and was about to reply before you were interrupted.