Partners

Ed's POV
I shoved my hands in my pocket as I walked to the office. I had gotten a new job it seems. I knew I had to work with someone, just I didn't know who. Once I got inside the building, people's eyes were on me. Murmurs and whispers could be hear. I ignored them of course. "Is that boy 12...?" Someone asked. I gritted my teeth in anger. 'That better not have been a remark about my height!' I thought. The door to the room I should've been in fifteen minutes earlier was closed. I grumbled and opened it. All heads in the room turned towards me. I walked towards a wall and leaned against it. One foot on the wall, arms crossed. "Fullmetal your fifteen minutes late." One of my superior's stated. "Yeah I know. Just get on with it already." I replied, rolling my eyes a bit. He sighed. "Like I was saying earlier, I'll be assigning teams of two for now, to hunt down different criminals. Which includes strong gangs. Like the Dark Souls, Ghost Whispers, and Oraboras Sins." He explained. I stiffened at the mention of the name. "I'll be assigning teams now." After he said that, I just kinda zoned out, not caring for the other teams unless I heard my name. And eventually, I did. "Flame and Fullmetal." He said. My eyes glanced towards Flame. Here, no one knows their real names. We all go by our code names. You have to have one when you sign up here. Flame stood up and walked towards me. He smirked softly. Let's just say......we hate each other. But when it comes to it, we're one amazing team. I looked at him. "What's the stupid smirk for Flame?" I asked. He stood next to me. "It looks like I'm working with the pipsqueak again." He replied. I growled. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A PIPSQUEAK SIZED MOLECULE THAT'S SO SMALL YOU NEED A MAGNIFYING GLASS TO SEE?!" I yelled, causing people to look at us. Flame just laughed at me. I glared at him. "Bastard." I mumbled. He chuckled. "Anyways Fullmetal, let's go get some coffee and look at this file hm?" He suggested. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah sure." I agreed. 'Out of all people, why did it have to be him?' I thought.

Hey guys! So that was the first chapter! Sorry it was short XD Hopefully next chapter will be longer. Hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you all next chapter! Bai!