Greed

Ed's POV
"Mustang hurry up!" I exclaimed. He groaned in frustration. "Relax Ed." He replied. I rolled my eyes. "I feel like I've been letting you drag me around for the past month." Mustang muttered. I just grinned in reply. "Ah! We're just standing here doing nothing when we could be finding that victim!" I exclaimed. Mustang nodded. "Well, maybe we wouldn't be standing around if you didn't stop and tell me to and I quote 'hurry up'." He replied smugly. "Oh shut up you bastard." I grumbled. He chuckled and walked towards me, ruffling my hair. "Let's go save our victim alright Ed?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, sure."
-Time Skip-
Mustang and I entered an abandoned warehouse. "Hey Ed." Mustang stated. "Hm?" I replied. "Is it just me, or have some of these attacks have a pattern to them?" He questioned. "Huh? What do you mean?" I replied. "Well, think about it. Where have we found the last three victims?" Mustang suggested. I stopped looking around the room and thought for a moment. "First it was a warehouse, then an actual old abandoned house and then- Mustang what are you trying to say?" I questioned. "What I'm getting at is, if we can pin point where the gang will bring the next, we catch the gang and save the victim! Make sense?" He explained. I nodded. "Yeah. Now, let's go save our victim." I stated. He nodded. "Look for any locked doors. Or, anything suspicious." Mustang stated. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.  "Obviously. What do you think I'm gonna do? Look out the window?" I snapped. He just laughed. My eyes glanced at a door and I smirked while walking closer. "Hey Flame! I found something!" I exclaimed. "Are we going back to nicknames again?" He asked. I rolled my eyes again and nodded. "For now." I sighed. We walked towards the door and I took charge. I grabbed the handle and tried to open the door. "Damn. It's locked." I growled. "Try using a coin." Mustang replied. I nodded and grabbed a coin from my pocket. I opened the door and walked inside, my gun drawn. "Anyone in here?" I called. "Ye-Yes." Someone replied. I heard faint voices speaking. It sounded like a recording. "Huh....? What's that sound?" Mustang asked. I shrugged. "Sounds like..a radio." I replied. I stepped inside the room further and someone was sitting in the corner. "Hey, are you alright?" I asked. It was a guy sitting there. Unlike the other victim's, he didn't look distressed. His head hung in between his knees and his arms were crossed. From what it looked like, he had dirty blond hair. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for asking officer." He replied, lifting his head up and looking at me. He looked....sad...? "Wait a minute...." I muttered. I took another look at his face and I yelped as I backed away quickly, my back hitting the wall. Mustang heard and ran over. "What happened?!" He exclaimed. I froze up. My breathing became rapid and sharp. Thought's ran throughout my head, and images flashed in my mind. Words couldn't form correctly. I took a sharp breathe and tried speaking. "Y-You....yo-your th-the one wh-who...! My m-mom's de-dead because o-of you!" I tried to yell. But it came out more like a mix of a shout and whisper.

Hehehe cliff hanger! XD anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you all next chapter! Bai!