Pictures

Ed's POV
"Her to?!" I exclaimed. Mustang nodded. "She went missing four days ago..." He trailed off. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist. "Any ideas on a location?" I asked. He shook his head. "No." "Dammit!" I exclaimed. "Ed..." He trailed off. "What?!" I snapped. Mustang sighed and stood up, and wrapped his arms around me. If I wasn't so pissed off, I probably would've blushed and become flustered. "Calm down Ed. We'll save Hawkeye and we'll find these crimimals." He said soothingly. "How...? How many more people are going to get taken from their families, or traumatized, or even hurt, because we couldn't find the criminal's fast enough?" I replied, ny voice shaky. Mustang pulled me closer to him until I was resting my head on his chest. This time I did blush. I hated to admit it but, Mustang had actually calmed me down. "I don't know how many more people will become the victim. That's a question I ask myself a lot. But you need to relax and keep a cool headed structure." He explained. I nodded. "Okay...thanks....and....I'm sorry for panicking like that." I apologized slowly. He ruffled my hair and smiled kindly at me. "It's fine Ed. Being an officer at an age like yours can be stressful." He replied. I nodded and couldn't help but hug him back quickly and then pulled away, blushing. "Well, let's save Ms. Hawkeye kay?" I asked. Mustang nodded. "Yeah." He replied. We walked out of my office and as we did, we passed the mail boxes. An envelope caught my eye. I stepped towards my mail box and pulled it out. Mustang came up from behind and stood next to me. "What is it?" He asked. "It's from them." I replied. "What's it say?" He replied. "I'll tell you in the car." I responded quietly. He nodded and we began walking towards his car. Once there, I sat down in my seat. "Alright. Now that we're in privacy, what does it say?" Mustang asked.
'Edward Elric,
I bet you've realized the truth by now. Go to the abandoned house on will street. You'll know it when you see it.
                                                          O. S'
I looked at him. "What do you think they mean by I've realized the truth by now...?" I asked as Mustang began driving. "I don't know Ed. For now, let's just get to that house okay?" Mustang replied. I nodded.
-Time Skip-
Mustang's POV
Ed and I got out of the car, and walked inside the broken down house. We both had our guns drawn. I took the lead on this one. Ed followed behind me. We came upon yet another locked door. "Is it just me, or does all these doors that we find seem to be locked?" I asked. Ed nodded in agreement. "Need a coin?" He asked. I nodded and Ed handed me his coin. "I'm gonna need that back by the way." He said. I sighed and nodded. I opened the door and handed the coin back to him. I opened the door and walked into the room. Photos were everywhere. I froze as soon as my eyes landed on one. "Hey Ed...do me a favor and wait outside." I stated. He nodded and walked towards the door. Ed didn't need to see these photos. It could ruin his image of his brother's nurse. "Hawkeye? You in here...?" I called. I heard quiet murmurs. "If they find out...I'll lose my job..." I heard. I walked towards her and bent down. "Hawkeye? Hey, your okay now. Let's get you somewhere safe okay?" I spoke softly. She nodded and I helped her stand up. I looked at Ed as we walked outside the house and requested for someone to pick up Hawkeye. 'Why her of all people...?'

Hey guys! So, I haven't really been writing a lot of authors notes at the end of the chapter. Sorry about not writing a chapter yesterday! I was busy with a school project. Anyways, I'm gonna write the chapter now, and lemme know if you guys want the next chapter! Welp, hope you guys enjoyed, and I will see you all later! Bai!