chapter forty ;;

listen to so far away by agust d ft. suran while reading this chapter. you're welcome.

— —

jungkook was awoken by his alarm. it was early in the morning. the sun had yet to rise. he had to pack. his mother wasn't kidding when she said she would send him away on the church camp. today was the day. thankfully the camp was in daegu, so he wouldn't be in arns length of his mother.

he knew if it were set in busan she would have gone, and would actually make him interact and socialize with other human beings.

despite being very open and expressive on the internet, he was a shy 17 year old boy. if anything was to deal with other human beings he would always stay 60 yards away from it. the only real friends jungkook had (beside yoongi, hoseok, and taehyung) was his psychiatric, seokjin-hyung. even though their friendship was a 7 year difference, the two bonded quite well. sadly though seokjin got a better job offer in another city and had to move away.

he moved away just before jungkook met yoongi.

~~

jungkook finished packing just as the clock struck 9am. he was supposed to leave for daegu by 9:30am. all he had to do wait now.

a few hours had past and he reached the camp. to his surprise there were kids of all ages there. he saw a group of toddlers, children, teenagers and a couple of grown adults. he didn't want to be there of course. but he had no choice.

after he checked in and got the key to his cabin, he decided to check out the place. there were a lot of trees. but also a lot of buildings. there were big halls which he figured were for where you ate, and did other stuff. there was also many cabins or bunkers or to sleep in. he could see in the distance a lake as well.

he decided to head and find his cabin, after walking around the campground for a good ten/fifteen minutes. it took him a little while to find his cabin but when he did it was it didn't look to bad. jungkook was at least happy that he didn't have to sleep outside.

he unlocked the cabin door and walked in. there were two beds, a mini kitchen (which consisted of a mini fridge, a broken sink, a broken microwave and wyat looked like to pots and pans. from the looks of it, he figured he had a roommate.

there were bags scattered on one of the beds. he figured that bed was taken. he walked over to the other bed across the room and set all his stuff down. he let out a sigh of relief.

after about ten minutes of getting his stuff situated, there was a knock on the door, he decided to get up off his bed and go get the door. he opened the door.

in front of him was a boy. the boy in standing in the doorway looked at up for a few seconds, before his eyes lit up.

"jungkook?!"

— —

guys I'm just winging it now tbh oops. but like who's at the door?