Chapter 1

July 3rd, 2016

Dear Diary,

I diagnosed with Leukemia a day before my third birthday. I turn 5 tomorrow.
     Leukemia is type of cancer in the blood tissue. For some lucky people, the disease will spread slowly. The Symptoms will take a while to kick in. Other people are unlucky, the disease spreads quickly - some starting chemo therapy within months. I probably won't have to start for another year, but my symptoms are slowly starting to kick in.
     For example. I've started getting headaches every now and then. And other times, I'll get these random fevers.
   I'm going to introduce myself now. Because once I die, I want mommy and daddy to have something to remember me by.
      My name is Phoenix Blue. But I like people to call me Nix. I have straight black hair, REEEALLLY dark brown eyes, and pale skin. I'm a little under weight, but that's because of the Leukemia. My favorite color is yellow, because it's happy, and I think happy is good for a sick person like me.
     My favorite song is Try Everything, from Zootopia. I like to think that I can try everything, even beat cancer.
     Tomorrow is my birthday, but today, Daddy and Mommy threw me a party.
When I woke up, balloons were tied to my hospitable bed and happy birthday was strung on the door. Mommy, Daddy, My Best Friend Rose, My Other Best Friend Tyler, and the nurses and doctors were surrounded around my hospitable bed.
   "Happy birthday, Nix!" They all yelled. I smile, and glance at the pile of presents at the end of the bed.
  Rose and Tyler had gotten me new books, the nurses and doctors had gotten me an assortment of candy, coloring books, crayons, and flowers, and Mommy and Daddy had given me a black and white kitty, which I named Cookies and Cream, like my favorite ice cream flavor.
       But then they saved the best surprise for last - I'm going to go to school! Oh, diary! When my symptoms first started, the doctors were worried that I would be too sick to go to school or home. So I have been here for the past 4 months. But since I haven't gotten worse, Not only am I going to school, I'M GOING HOME! I'm going to see Bailey, our dog, and sleeping my bed, eat with my family, play outside with Bailey and Cookies and Cream, and, well, get to be normal! I can't wait!
      Wow! No wonder my hand is tired - I've written like, a gazillion words! I'm
going to go to sleep now, diary - I leave tomorrow!

                                    With happiness,
                                                          Nix

A/N: Well, there's the first chapter, people! Hope ya like it! This is the final story I'm entering in the Wattys, and I spent all day working on it. So please, click that little star, comment your heart out (criticism would be tré magnifique!) and all that! Thank you guys!
QOTC: Are you excited for school?
A: ABSOLUTELY! I miss my friends like crazy, and I'm really excited to learn! (Okay, so I'm more excited to go to the school library, but whatever!

Ta ta, dear reader!

   - Trinity Rebel