Chapter 3

July 5, 2016

Dear Diary,
       Oh diary, how can I explain last night? How could I possibly put into words explosion of colors the fireworks made across the sky last night? I suppose I should start from the beginning.
Well, first, me, Tyler, and Rose played tag on the beach. That was fun until I fell into the water. But then it was fun again because I splashed Rose, who splashed Tyler, and then we were all splashing and swimming!
After that, Daddy made a bonfire with Mr. Rose's Daddy and Mr. Tyler's Daddy So we could all make s'mores. It was super fun! I burned my marshmallow 3 times - just the way I like it!
Next, we played with sparklers. We chased each other for what felt like an eternity until our Mommies were back with ice cream.
After all of this, I snuggled in between Mommy and Daddy. We sat in comfortable silence as I ate and we waited for the show to start.
Finally, it did. The fireworks lit up the sky on a way I'll never forget. The spiraled and shimmered and sparkled and glimmered in a thousand different colors and patterns, bursting with beauty as they illuminated the stars and gave color to the black of the night sky.
I stared In wonder as those fireworks flew up into the sky. Right then and there, I decided I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to give things color and beauty, just like those fireworks.
So that's what I'm going to do.
With wonder and determination,

Nix