Chapter 4

August 26th, 2016

     Dear Diary,

   Oh my goodness, diary! It's been nearly a month since I've written in you! Please forgive me!
   I know your not a real person, diary, but I like to think of you that way. I mean, think about it! Your like the perfect best friend! You will never tell anyone my secrets, you will never mock me or judge me when I'm wrong, and you will alway be there for me when I need you to be!
    Tomorrow, diary, is a big day. Do you want to know why tomorrow is a big day? I'm going to tell you anyways, and I'm going to tell you in a very big way.

TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

   Oh diary! I'm simply so excited! I'm going make friends, play sports, and I'm going to learn, learn, learn! It will magnificent!
    Magnificent is a word Mommy taught me. Mommy teaches 5th graders, so she knows lots of big words. Magnificent means great, or nice, or awesome,  or amazing. Magnificent is how I feel!
    My headaches have gotten a little worse, but the doctor says I could just be overly excited. While I am excited, I don't know how anyone could possibly be over excited about something like First Grade!
    I met my teacher yesterday, Mrs. Burns. She was really nice and pretty, with long, wavy brown hair and kind blue eyes. Rose is in my class, and Tyler is going to another school. I'm sad he won't be going to First Grade with me, but at least I have Rose!
   Mommy and I bought me an outfit for school. It's a yellow dress Mommy called a Sun Dress with white polka dots, and matching white sandals. I even have a little white headband with a yellow flower. Daddy called me A Very Color-Coordinated Girl. I don't know what that means, but it sounded nice, since it made Mommy laugh.
     I haven't talked about mommy much, have I? She is very pretty. Her hair is orange and straight, and she has pale skin. Her eyes are like mine, brown, almost black.
    Daddy has curly black hair like me, but is eyes are more hazel than brown.
     I'm going to bed now. After all, a first grader needs her rest!

                          Perfectly Content,
                                                Nix