029:

And now she was trying very hard to get back to shore, so I mustered all my strength and scooped her up. She screamed, and kicked, her arms flailing, as I settled her against me. She wasn't heavy at all, and it wasn't the first time I'd picked her up, but it was the first time I'd seen her naked. The light again played it's yielding brilliance on her skin.

"Rafe! Put me down! Let me get the towel!" I recognized the feeling of being exposed she was encountering and grinned down at her.

"What's wrong, Aubrey? You're lovely, and I say that sincerely. You're really lovely at least in this light and I can barely see you, honestly, so quit struggling."

"This is inappropriate." She muttered and closed her eyes, wrapping at least one arm around my back.

I knew it was, but I was flirting with fire and had been the whole time with her. This was no different. I don't know if I was hoping she'd give in? Change her mind? Lose her mind? Lose my mind...

I bent and she grabbed the towels. It was really cold now, and she first wrapped one around my back. It brought all of her into contact with me, and she seemed to handle it pretty good, but then she covered herself and I was very disappointed as we made it back to the deck. The light was blinding.

I let her down and tossed the towel away, hopping easily into the warmth of the hot tub. I yelped. It felt like fire. I seriously howled again, went under, came up, smoothing my hair back, which didn't need it, but at least it got the water out of my eyes. "Come on, beautiful."

She turned the lights off. And then in the darkness--- my eyes almost blinded, I saw the towel drop and felt her enter the water. Now this is what I'm talking about...

I didn't give her a chance to relax. I came to her, molded her to me and started kissing her softly, insistently.

----And everything in Aubrey rebelled.

*****

Aubrey

I jumped out of the water, wrapping myself first in one towel and then the next and got out a third. I was trembling with effort and embarrassment.

"I want this Rafe. I want this more than anything right now. It feels amazing, and intoxicating, and surreal, and so wonderful, you have no idea, but--- I. Can't. Do. This."

He stood there in the water--- looking perfectly comfortable, and slightly chagrined, from what I could see. His eyes did sparkle in the moonlight.

He didn't miss a beat. "Get a swim suit then, and come back. Please. Please."

I nodded, and made it into the warm house. I had to turn a light on. I went directly to Kell and Maille's room and without any error, found their own swim suits. I pulled my sister's on without any qualms, and only had a moment's slight hesitation giving Kell's to Rafe, and then dismissed it, knowing I could wash it and put it back in the drawer and he would never know. If I were to ever ask him, I knew Kell would rather I put the suit on than remain out there with a naked man who was not my husband.

I was still shaking, and not from the freezing cold wet hair raining down my back. What had I been thinking? I'd just told him I wouldn't sleep with him, and then he goes and pulls this stunt. And so help me, the more weirdness he suggested, the more I went along with it, and seemed to condone it, and participate in it. I just--- just let a naked man carry me naked from the pond. I wouldn't ever be able to look at that pond the same again. Never be able to look at Rafe the same again. I'd now felt him aroused more than once, and this time, seen him aroused and ---- My eyes squeezed shut to block out the images--I just can't go here. This isn't me. If this is Rafe, then he needs to go.

I got to the deck before I'd really thought about saying those words. But say them I did. "This isn't me, Rafe, and if it is you, then you need to go."

I tossed him the swimming trunks. Then I stood there. I felt like I should put my hands on my hips and order him out of the tub and out of the house. I was still shaking.

He didn't look up. It wasn't easy getting dressed in the water. It took time. I just stood there.

"Are you coming in?" He asked me when he looked up finally, still standing in the middle of the humming bubbles.

"I don't know. Am I?" I hope he knew I meant could I trust him?

"Yes, Aubrey. Get in the tub."

I still waited, feeling annoyed and hurt and confused. He'd neatly started our day with warnings about making out, and then turned the tables tonight all night, mind you--- getting naked, taking each other's clothes off. There was not one thing good that could come of this.

"No." I finally said. "I'm going to bed."

"Aubrey, wait..."

"Rafe--- it's late--- we are--- way too ----I just can't."

"I get it, baby. Please come back. Come get in the tub. I swear---"

"Don't swear." I said, and knew my face was red and my eyes would have been wild, had he been able to see them which he couldn't.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't say that either."

"Aubrey..."

He looked pathetic standing there in that hot water all alone, like he was boiling. I wanted to go to him, I wanted--- actually-- to continue what we'd started. If I were being honest--- which it was just under my skin to forget about honesty altogether--- I was way turned on, and he was way alluring, and willing and ----

******