063:

She got on the bus behind me, with Jeff already on, and the other guys behind her. A whole slew of crew also joined us. We carried about twelve usually. I  took her bag and heaved it onto the bunk where I'd put my stuff. Then we moved into the farthest lounge.

            "Mom gave me some pointers." Aubrey said.

            Dylan was right behind her. He'd put his bag on the bottom bunk across from us, and Ben was directly above him.

            "Explain." Dylan said, following us back.

            "Oh, just not to use the bathroom unless it's an emergency, but then--- even then--- don't use the bathroom. Wear socks to sleep in, the AC gets cold. Never slam the bus door, always be aware of others sleeping and be quiet, use headphones to listen to my music. Don't leave stuff laying around. If I plan to eat special foods, keep them out of everybody's way. And try not to eat in front of people."

            "Are you planning to eat special foods?"

            We got to the lounge. The window blinds were up so we could see the daylight, and the chairs were facing forward. The big screen TV was not on, but a cupboard beneath it had been loaded with DVD's-- I assumed these were Ben's. He had a whole group of DVD's he watched when on tour, said it kept him sane. These included but were not limited to Ninja Turtles, and Godzilla.

            There was a table and a booth along the far wall. I went there. Aubrey had stopped to open a cupboard which happened to be full of somebody's liquor. She shut it quickly, opening the next one down-- somebody's stash. She closed that as well, and then looked to me.

            "Yeah, not special foods, but maybe ones other's haven't eaten before."

            This had been a delayed response, and everybody looked confused for a moment before getting it. Then they laughed. Aubrey looked sheepish.

            "So, Ben, where's Addie?" She asked, plopping down next to me, kicking off her shoes, and putting her feet up.

            Ben plopped down beside her, kicked his shoes off and stretched his long legs crossing them. "She opted out. She might meet us later also. No, it doesn't have anything to do with Aubrey. It has to do with her getting a good project to work on last night. She didn't want to leave. She hates being on tour."

            "So, you're saying Aubrey is the only girl? Where's Jess?"

            Dylan had been looking at his phone. "Jess isn't coming either. Has to do with her dumping me. But it's okay, f-ing bitch, I wanted to dump her first, but she beat me to it."

            I glanced at Aubrey for a reaction and saw her cringe. I was about to say something, but Aubrey stood up. I thought--- oh heck no--- she can't leave, the bus is about to roll.

            "Guys, I will make you a deal." She pulled a little red velvet baggie out of her back pocket and hooked it to a cupboard knob. "I hate cussing. Hate it with a passion, can't stand it. Literally will want to shoot you in your sleep if you're a cusser, so if you agree to stop cussing in my presence I promise to make you all my famous lasagna when we get home. I promise to come up with the very bestest of pranks for closing night, and I will give foot massages any night of the week you choose. I will also perform mani-pedi's for anyone who wants them, and head massages too. I'm very good. You on the other hand--- will owe me five bucks a swear word if caught--- to be placed in this little red bag." She dangled it from her fingers and then let it swing free on the cupboard knob.