Chapter Five; The TownHall Announcement

You, Elliot and Shawn were searching for a parking spot. Hundreds of cars were parked in the townhall parking lot. Apparently a lot of people knew about the outbreak.

All three of you walked inside and cautiously looked around and scouted the area, making sure no one jumped you.

   You guys got to the lobby and the young man at the desk told you that the meeting was right down the hall.

You, Elliot and Shawn got to the meeting. The Mayor was just about to get up on the tiny stage they had set up for this announcement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to thank you all for coming" the mayor said, and continued with "So, I wanted to warn all of you about a plague disease that had broke out in our little town. It's a shock, I know."

The whole crowd gasped, and I all of a sudden heard a baby start bawling and screaming over the crowd of people.

   "You're all probably frightened, and wondering how it got into our little town. Well, here's how it happened. A week ago, our local hospital air lifted a patient here to our small hospital. It seems to be that the patient had plague. And the doctors had just recently found out after they ran tests and one of the nurses had the same symptoms as the patient", the mayor said.

  The crowd gasped again, including Shawn, Elliot and Me. Another wail of screams came out from another baby as the mayor finished what he was saying.

  "..So more plague broke out, and that nurse was never cured. So, police are thinking that it broke out because of the patient, which had died from a heart attack.. I'd advise you all to stay far away from anyone who seems suspicious and or can't talk right, like stutte..- an- stu..-" The mayor started sweating and stuttering, and had a nose bleed.

   The whole crowd backed up and gasped once more, but in fear.

  "GUYS THROUGH THE GATES, HE MIGHT BE INFECTED!" Shawn shrieked. You and Elliot followed his orders and rushes out the gates and ran through the lobby screaming

"THE MAYOR IS INFECTED! THE MAYOR IS INFECTED!"

The young man at the lobby counter stopped and went through the gates and all he heard and saw were shrieks and the mayor having a suspicious breakdown.

You, Elliot and Shawn rushed to the car, put it in ignition and floored it.