Chapter Twenty; Shawn

You woke up the next morning. Shawn wasn't in his bed. You just figured that he was downstairs, making breakfast. You trudged down stairs, but he wasn't there.. making breakfast.

    You ran to Elliot's room, to wake her up. Layla was there, crying.

  "SISSY IS GONE!" She wailed.

      "Shawn is gone, too!" You exclaimed.

Layla starting wheezing and crying. You picked her up and patted her, and she stuck her thumb in her mouth.  You tried to hold back tears, but you couldn't cry. Not just yet.

You and Layla got dressed and headed out the door. There were bloody footprints on the sidewalk, leading to the lake, next to the house.

You followed, still keeping Layla on your back, she was still crying, of course. Right in your ear, so it was heard to hear on the side she was crying on.

You followed the footprints, down to the lake. There was a little hat, floating up above the water. It looked like Shawn's hat.. You freaked out and looked around. There was a runner, on all fours. The infected looked to be like it wasn't fully infected.

It had blonde hair. Like Elliot. It wore a white shirt, covered in brownish, maroon blood stains.

It ran towards you, but stopped. It wheezed and whispered "help". You knew that deep down inside that horrific mutation, it was your best friend.

She circled you, and Layla. Layla only climbed up higher on your shoulders, holding on to your two pigtails, like you were a horse.

Elliot had a greenish, bloody tinge to her skin.

"What happened, and where's Shawn" you spoke, slowly to what looked like your mutated best friend.

"Infected. Got in. House. Kill. Mutate. Door. Open" it stuttered. It leaped towards you, biting your arm.

Layla rolled off your shoulders. She saw you grab a gun when you left the house. While you got attacked, Layla snatched the gun out of your pocked, closed her eyes and fired.

The bullet hit right at Elliot. Elliot whimpered and screamed, and then was lifeless. Did your best friend just die to her little sister?

"No.. that couldn't have been Elliot.. Elliot is alive. I can feel it."  You thought.

You remembered that there was hope. You trudged back to the house not saying a word to Layla, busted through the door, and looked around.

"Elliot!" You called out. No answer.

  "Elliot! Shawn!" You called out again. Suddenly there was an answer. It sounded like a girl. Like Elliot..

  "SISSY! SAY "YES" IF YOU CAN HEAR ME! IT'S LAYLA!" Layla screeched.

     There was a yes, it came from the guest room, that Elliot had stayed in. Layla rushed over there, and there she was.

Elliot was curdled in the corner of the room, behind the fan.

   "Oh my god. You're alive! What happened night?" You said, diving over to Elliot for a hug, but realized you had received the bite in your arm.

"I woke up this morning, and Shawn wasn't there.. The front door was open. I figured that someone was dumping the grease out of the pan into the grass from breakfast. I went out there and no one was there, so I went into your bedroom, and Shawn was gone, but you were there."

"And why didn't you wake me up?" You said, angrily.

"I thought it was no big deal, and figured he was out there, so I left the door like it was and just figured he would come back.. but he never did.."
Elliot said.

"I woke up today and didn't see you on bed. All I saw was Layla crying, saying you dissapeared." You said.

"I was outside, looking for Shawn. Then I came back in the house, and you were both gone, so I hid behind something incase someone came" Elliot replied.

"I don't know why Shawn would leave..."

   "Unless.." you continued.

Stumping you right there. Guess you'll have to see what happens next, and where Shawn is ;). I made a new chapter for this story, since there's a lot of support for it. I'll try to do on detailed chapters now. Sorry about the short ones when j first started this story. I was a noob, okay?

Anyways. Hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment on what you think or where Shawn went ;)

  *726 words!* Ilygsm!

    Xoxo - Emma :3