Chapter Eighteen; Plague

"Calm down" Shawn said, kind of upset. "We'll call the police."

"What're the police gonna do?!" Elliot shrieked.

"Get him out of here." Shawn replied.

"HOW WOULD THEY GET HIM OUT? WITHOUT CATCHING THE PLAGUE. HM?" Elliot shouted. She was beyond angry and scared.

Waves of sadness crashed over you. The infected knew you were here. It was definitely the end for you.

Layla started crying and shrieking and freaking out, so you opened your arms for her reach so you could cradle her in your arms to calm her down.

"Shh.. they might not know we're here, maybe the infected are going to house to house, looking for humans."

"Be quiet" you said, cradling Layla.

You and the others just left the infected, and as planned, the infected got tired and walked away.

---------------------------------------------------------

You needed to go to the grocery store, you needed something for dinner to make for everyone.

"Elliot! Will you come to the grocery store with me?" you said as you walked upstairs.

"Yeah, sure!" Elliot called, going upstairs to get dressed.

You both got dressed and headed out the door to the Walgreens nearby the house.

The roads were deserted. Not a single soul to be found. When you had made it to the grocery store, no one was in the parking lot, absolutely no one. Had the plague spreaded that fast and not caught on to you yet?

You and Elliot walked into the store. The lights were off. You headed down to the isle with the soups. Elliot followed. At the end of the isle, there was man, groaning.

"Um, sir? Are you alright?" You called.

The man just groaned. And it turned its head backwards and his eyes shot up into his head. He started walking towards you and Elliot. Groaning. Covered in blood. His skin was a green tinge.

You both gasped. Ran out of the store and rushed to the car

"GET IN, ELL" you screamed.

"I AM. I AM. FLOOR IT!!" Elliot shrieked as the vicious infected monster started galloping towards you on all fours. You put the car in ignition and floored it.