Twelve

Tom

Taylor didn't have the usual spark about her that week.

I had never met Grace, but I knew that she meant a lot to Taylor, and I could see it in her face that she needed to see Grace.

So when Taylor got the call down to the station, it didn't only make her happy, it made me happy too. Because I knew that she would be happy again, she'd be her regular self.

She came back a while later with a huge smile on her face and a little girl holding onto her hand.

"Grace," she said happily. "This is my boyfriend, Tom."

I waved to her, and she waved back shyly.

"It's very nice to meet you," I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too," she mumbled.

I noticed that she had bruises on her face and arms, and I frowned.

She looked happy enough, but with what Taylor had told me, I didn't even know how she could force a smile. She had such a hard life, and she deserved nothing but the best.

Taylor gently let go of her hand, and came over to me.

She gave me a quick hug and kiss, then smiled at Grace.

We all walked towards the couch and sat down, and decided to watch a movie.

"Do you want to know something cool?" Taylor said to Grace.

She looked up from her spot in between us.

"What?" She asked.

"Tom is an actor, which means he's in movies," she said with a big smile.

Grace looked up at me.

"Weally?" She asked in the cutest toddler-voice ever.

I nodded.

"I'm a bad guy in most of my movies, but I've been in some where I'm nice too," I explained.

"Why awe you a bad guy?" She asked, with a small frown on her face.

Taylor chuckled.

"He's not a bad guy in real life, just in the movies. In real life, he's the nicest person you'll meet," she said while smiling over at me.

She frowned one more time before smiling up shyly at me.

"So you'we not a bad guy?" She asked.

I shook my head, smiling.

"No," I said. "I'm not."

She smiled one last time before focusing on whatever Disney movie was playing on the TV.

"Hey, I'm gonna get up to talk to Tom for a few minutes, is that okay? We'll be fast," Taylor said.

Grace nodded reluctantly.

I hopped up and followed Taylor into the kitchen.

"Okay," Taylor started. "So..."

"She's yours?" I guessed quickly. I knew it would be hard for her to say it, probably because she didn't know how to put it in words.

A huge smile grew on her face and she nodded excitedly.

"I have temporary custody!" She squealed. "So until her dad gets back, she's mine!"

I smiled with her.

"That's amazing, Taylor! I'm so happy, it's going to be so great to get to know her some more," I said.

She still had a wide smile on her face, and we walked back to the TV room.

Taylor and I sat down on either side of Grace, and Taylor pulled Grace in towards her, so they were practically hugging.

They were both so content on watching the movie, and Taylor still had that happy glow about her.

I wasn't interested in the movie at all.

Instead, my eyes were set on the love of my life, finally happy again.

-----
Okay, so first:

Sorry for not posting in over a week!! School just started up and it's been pretty stressful.

Also;

I'm sure most of you have heard the rumors, but I feel like I'm going to continue this story anyways. It's a fanfiction of course, so even if there's a possibility Taylor and Tom aren't together in real life, I'm going to continue the book with them still dating.

I hope you guys liked this chapter!!

Please comment any opinions/thoughts 💓