7-Eleven

I walked among the dark streets of downtown. Every know and then I'd look up to check if I was being followed. The sound of voices roared from the bars and restaurants I walked by. The Doppler effect that came from cars occurred every now and then.

Finally I arrived at 7-Eleven and opened the see-through door making a dinging sound go off. I roamed around the aisles making it seem like I was searching for a late night snack, when in reality I was just looking for Matthew.

"Hey! I didn't think I'd run into you here", a loud voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see a smiling Matthew.

"Ummm, hi", I said confused.

"Pretend like you're surprised to see me", he said with a big smile on his face.

"Why, are we being watched?", I said enthusiastically.

"Yes, indeed he could be watching us through the store's surveillance cameras but these cameras don't record sound, so buy something so we can leave, I'll be right behind you", he said in a more normal tone.

"Alrighty then", I said while grabbing a small bag of yogurt pretzels and a Fiji water.

I made my way to the cash register and Matthew followed behind with food in his hands.

To be honest I was scared out of my mind and very confused as well. Matthew volunteered to pay for my food and I disagreed, but he ended up winning the fight and paying for it. We walked out together and Matthew turned to look at me once we were out of the store.

There's this deserted building by the airport, no cameras and people, that's where we're going.

"How can I trust you Matthew I barely know you", I say with discomfort.

"You're just gonna have to trust me on this", he replies.

We make small talk until we arrived at the abandoned building.

"The airplanes fly right over this building before they land on the air-strip", Matthew says looking into my eyes. He had a different look to his eyes, they were friendly and welcoming.

We snuck inside and climbed out way to the roof of the old building. Matthew took a seat next to the edge and I joined. We both looked at the city lights together in a moment of silence. For a moment I felt complete, the void of loneliness which once filled my heart had disappeared as I sat here with Matthew.

A loud sound came from the sky above us and I immediately looked up. It was a plane, and a real big one. It was coming right at us, each second it grew bigger and bigger.

"Matthew it's gonna hit us!", I yelled over the roaring.

"No it won't, trust me", he yelled back laughing.

I screamed as it flew right over the top of our heads while making it's engine roared above us. I closed my eyes tightly shut as I held on to Matthew. The roaring slowly went away as the plane landed into the airport. I looked at Matthew with relief and laughed as he began laughing back.

It wasn't till a couple seconds later that I realized I was still holding onto him. The laughing stopped and he looked down at me with wide eyes. My heart literally felt as if it were melting in my chest.

"Why are you helping me", I asked braking the silence.

He looked out at the city once more before looking back at me.

"I don't want him hurt you, you're special, I knew it the second I saw you walk into class on the first day, and going to try to stop him from whatever he's planning to do to you, because I know your worth it", he said quietly.

I looked at him in shock, while he placed his hand on my jaw. He smashed his lips onto mine so suddenly that I was taken aback a little. I kissed back once my mind had finally made out what was happening. I let go after awhile and placed my head on his shoulder.

"What now", I whisper to him.

"We find a way to put him in jail", he replied.