Numinous Feeling

I started to feel my brain slowly shut down as the teacher kept on talking and talking and talking. Then he said something that caught my attention.

"Jessica and Matthew will be coming around to stamp your work if you finished it", the teacher said.

Every now and then the teacher would give me a glance, and even though I always caught him and he would look away, for some reason he kept doing it.

And I have to spent the rest of the school term with this Creep. I might be over exaggerating but still.

Meanwhile, Matthew came up to me and stamped my paper. I jumped but then realized it was just him. He chuckled and continued to stamp my paper.

"It's just me", he said.

Did he really just talk to me?

"I'm sorry I was lost in LaLa land for a bit", I said trying my best to not sound stupid.

But whatever comes out of my mouth is stupid so, no use in really trying.

"I know, Mr Conley isn't the most amusing person", he said.

I looked up at Matthew and looked him in the eyes. He stared back into mine and smiled.

I tried my best to smile back, but I was just so lost. "GODDAMIT!", I thought to myself.

I looked down at my paper and laughed
I heard him chuckle, then his footsteps as he moved on to the next person.

I looked back up and something caught my eye.
I could see Mr Conley glaring at me. His stare gave me the chills.

10 minutes pass then 30 then 50, and before I knew it, I was finished with my first class in high school.

We all packed our bags as the bell rung. Knowing no one in that class I walked out of classroom alone. I knew it was our nutrition break so I walked to the quad. There was so many students there. I started to get nervous, I was like a cat in a cage full of dogs.

I texted everyone asking where we would meet.
Out of no where someone bumps into me.

"Hey, sorry....... Oh hey", Mathew said as his friends laughed.

"Hey", I said all smiley faced.

"You guys are jerks, you made me bump into...., what's your name?", he said.

"Cristina but I prefer to be called Chris", I chuckled.

"Well Chris, it's nice bumping into you again, literally", he said winking then started to walk away with his friends.

I faked a smile and said bye while waving cutely but confidently.

It's only the first day of school and I've got a crush, God damn it. I bit my lip and looked around.
Where are they.

"Mmmmm somebody got a crush", I heard someone say.
I turned around and saw Darcy.

"He's cute, if you don't make a move I will", she said

"Fuck off Darcy", I said

"Woah, I knew it, you like him", she sang.

"He's a sophomore I have no chance, plus he might be a total psycho for all I know", I reply back.

"There's always that chance", she said smirking.

"Where's everyone else", I say.

"They have fallen into a deep hole and are left to rot", she said with a serious tone.

I looked at her very confused.

"Nah they're over there", she said pointing towards the stage.

"Was that so hard", I said.

Darcy fake sighed and followed me to our little "group".

"Hey peoples", Darcy says.

Marry looked at me and laughed.

"What", I said.

"We all saw", she said as a couple others laughed.

"Oh my god you guys", I said frustrated.

"Well it was pretty obvious someone has a crush", she said again.

"It's my first day here I bet there's plenty of other boys to bump into", I said.

"Mhmmm", Darcy said

I rolled my eyes and looked at Marry.

"Where's Linda", I said.

"She's, um I don't know actually", Marry said.

Hmmm.

*******

Third block just ended, so that means it's lunch time, and I'm at the same quad and the same spot I was at nutrition brake, but no one was there.

Okay I guess people thought it be cool to not show up. Ugh.

I walked around the school trying to find someone.

As I was looking into the crowd I found Linda.

I started to speed walk towards her.

"Where have you been?", I asked eagerly.

"Around", she said

"Sure", I said with a smirk.

"Around", I said again while hand quoting the word around.

"Soooo, how's your classes?", she said changing the topic.

"Good but there's this one class that kinda has a weird teacher, I mean like he stares too much", I say.

"Conley, you've got Mr Conely, don't you", she said.

"How did you know?", I ask curiously.

"I heard he was a weird teacher, he was accused of something involving the cops years ago, but apparently it wasn't that big, why would the school hire him", she said.

"Maybe they're just rumors but there's still something up", I say.