1. What About Georgia

The first time that my mom sent me away she sent me to live with my grandparents. I was 4 and she'd just gotten married to some rich guy. Then when she and my stepdad split up when I was 15. She took me back, but now she's on husband number two. Which means that she's sending me, her darling only daughter to live with my father over 1000 miles away. From Austin, Texas to Dalton, Georgia. Away from everything and everyone I know. Its not her fault that my grandparents moved to Panama to retire. But I can still be angry. 

I'm used to her sending me away, but it's my senior year I had plans. The only bright side is that I get to take my horse Gypsy, with me. We are a team. She is into barrel racing and to be honest we are both pretty damn good. She's my baby and I love every moment I get to spend with that sassy mare. But on the other hand it's all so unfair. Ive never met my dad, and he never bothered to try and reach out to me. My moms made it clear he didn't want me. So why would she send me away to him of all people. Way to make me feel loved mom.

My best friend Kiley cried when I told her and my boyfriend Derek didn't believe me.
I told my mom it would ruin my life and she just shrugged it off saying , "you're a pretty girl you'll  make new friends." I'm going to miss out on the best year of my life, because she wants to be alone with husband number 2. 

I missed home as soon as I got on the plane. I already wished I was with Kiley and Derek. The plane rumbled as we thundered down the runway. I watched out the window as everything I knew flew behind me. The hostess took pity on me bringing me an extra drink. I was grateful for the small gesture.

I already feel so alone.

When the plane landed my heart dropped to my knees, I didn't even know who to look for. The airport was huge and of course my mother didn't give me a number to call. I headed to the baggage claim and waited for my bag to come around, when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with a tall cowboy, He was at least 6ft towering over my 5ft frame. He had blue eyes and dark messy hair he hid under his cowboy hat.
"Are you Kourtney?" he asked.
"Yes, why?' I replied quietly.
He chuckled a little then replied," Because your dad wanted me to pick you up."
"Oh," was all I said.
I followed him to his truck and he put my bag in the box. I hopped in the front as he slammed the tailgate and hopped in the drivers side. "I'm Austin, by the way." he said then he turned up the radio. Asshole. I zoned out as i stared out the window.

It was about an hour drive from the airport. I lost hope until we turned down a long driveway. Tall trees lined both sides of the driveway in sync with one another. It was beautiful. Austin stopped the truck outside a white two story house. He hopped out and grabbed my bag and then came to my door and tugged it opened. Causing me to snap out of my daydream.

"Are you gonna stay out here all night?" he laughed.
I rolled my eyes and said," no."
"It's not like its your first time meeting him." he laughed until he saw my face. "My bad."
I laughed a little, "its not your fault." Austin led me across the grass and down the path towards the house.

Time to put on my big girl boots. My body shook as we walked up the steps to the front door. Austin grunted as he set down my bags and tapped on the door. A man opened the door. He was tall. He had blue eyes, my blue eyes; almost grey. He looked almost as nervous as me. A women approached the door standing beside him leaning on his nervous frame. Her face drew you in, She was gorgeous. 

She smiled warmly, "Hi i'm Lisa." I smiled back slightly and she smacked the mans shoulder lightly scolding him for being rude. "He's nervous, you must be starvin sweetheart. Lets fix you something to eat" she chuckled.

"Hi, I'm Caleb, but you can call me whatever you feel like." he said with a nervous smile. 

Lisa reached for my bags and Austin quickly shooed her away. She rolled her eyes and ushered me into the dining room. The house was clean and had that country charm. A few moments later all four of us were seated around the table. We ate quietly and then Caleb and Austin headed outside to do evening chores. I headed to the sink to give Lisa a hand and she smiled warmly when I picked up the dish rag. 

"Hows your mum have you heard from her?" She asked as she scrubbed a plate.

"No, she isn't one to call or text." I replied quietly while she handed me a plate. She frowned a little but dropped that subject. We finished up and she prepared the coffee pot for the morning.

Then she showed me to my new room.