4. Bonfires And Bimbos

Sunday, the last day before i start at my new school and Lisa wants me to go to church. I put on the only dress i brought and headed out to the truck. Austin lit up when he saw me. He opened my door, then walked around to his. Lisa and Caleb sat up front talking. 

Lisa turned back and smiled, "So me and Caleb thought it would be nice to throw a little barbeque tonight just so you can meet some people before school starts." I smiled and nodded. My phone buzzed and i got a text.

*sorry i missed your call last night. I was out with a friend i miss u xx Derek*

Followed by kylie texting me saying.

*i miss u x*

I quickly texted a reply and I closed my eyes leaning back. When we pulled into the church parking lot. I saw alot of the cheerleaders and football players from the school as well as cowboys and their families. Everyone was in their Sunday best. Austin sat beside me in the pew as everyone sang. The paster came up and preached, then we left. When i got back to the house i headed to the barn. 

"So how was church for you." Austin chuckled from behind me. 

I laughed, "you tell me, you where there." He smiled and shook his head.

People started showing up for the barbecue at 6. Caleb had a huge fire going out back cussing when he stubbed his toe. Lisa was setting out the food people brought on a large table outside. Austin walked me around introducing me to everyone. A familiar waitress pulled me in for a hug and quick hello when she saw me.

It was all going well until we came across the pom pom swingin buckle bunny from the rodeo. "Hey Austin so theres a bush party tonight, maybe tonight you could come out and you know, chill." 

He laughed and shrugged ,"Maybe." With that he quickly wheeled us around and walked us back towards the fire. I excused myself from the party when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

I dont know what to do Derek I feel so guilty.
Why for wanting me?
You are my best friends boyfriend. We can't keep doing this.
Why do you not love me.
I do i love you.

I hung up the phone and headed back to the party, a pit in my stomach. I grabbed some food and sat down in an empty lawn chair. I didnt want to eat. I kind wanted to throw up, i just didnt understand how someone who says they love you could betray you. I ate a few bites then threw the rest of my plate into the fire and walked to the barn. Taking a seat in the stall with Gypsy.

A few minutes later Austin walked into the barn and asked if i wanted to get out of there. I nodded and we hopped into his truck and started driving. He cranked the radio and sang his heart out. We pulled into a dark field; I saw people and a big bonfire. Austin pulled down the tailgate and and laid a blanket across the end. I sat down and he got us both a beer. 

"Interesting night hey?" He chuckled. Austin saw me shivering so he gave me his jacket to wear.

"You could say that," i smiled as our legs dangled over the edge. We talked and laughed until Austins name got called. A very tipsy Ashley stumbled over and glared at me.
"Sooo Austin wanna leave this lame party go for a ride?" She cooed. 

"Um no, im kinda busy." He motioned to me and she shot daggers with her big brown eyes. "Whatever have fun with your new bitch then." 

" Ash you better watch your mouth. Atleast she doesnt give out free rides." He shot back as her jaw dropped. She spun on her heel and stomped off.
"Well shes always a pleasure," i laughed. He just shook his head and apologized. We started talking about Caleb and why we are only just meeting now. He just listened. We watched the others dance and kiss around the fire. When Hurricane by Luke Combs blasted out of a truck near us. I stood up brushed myself off and pulled Austin to his feet.
"Dance with me!" I almost yelled. He chuckled and spun me making my dress twirl around. 

He kept dancing with me until the song ended. We laughed a little until he pulled me in. He kissed me hard. He pulled me closer as if i was the only thing hed ever wanted. He pulled away and apologized. Then i leant in and he smiled. He laughed against my lips making me smile. We danced to a few more songs then decided to pack up for the night.

"You're beautiful Kourtney." He said as we pulled away into the night.
"And you sir, are blind." I giggled hiding my face in my hands. He pulled my hands from my face and kissed me lightly. We drove singing along to the radio hand in hand. He parked by the house. I crawled onto his lap while we made out in the front seat. When all of a sudden there was a sharp knock on the window.