16. Goodbye Earl

I slipped on his shirt, and I started looking around for something to make for breakfast. Nada, nothing. I went back to cuddle up to Austin, and kissed his cheek. He smiled and nuzzled his head into my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair and he traced circles on my thighs.
"Are you hungry Kourt?" He asked in his husky morning voice.
"I looked but you got nothing out here." I replied.

He chuckled, "Lisa's cooking is way better, plus I live at the ranch." I rolled my eyes and he laughed.
"Well get dressed we'll go on a breakfast date." He smiled at me and gave me a quick peck.

"Carry on my wayward sooooooon." Austin sang loudly thumping on the wheel while I laughed.
"What you don't like my singing?" He laughed.
"I love it and I love you." He beamed at my response.

We headed to the diner and I scanned the walls until I saw the photo of pop Jesse and Austin. After we ate we headed home. Austin tensed up as we rolled down the driveway.
"Relax." I whispered as I kissed his hand.
Caleb was out working the cows when I walked into the house. Lisa looked up from the book she was reading and smiled.

"You know if that boy breaks your heart Caleb's gonna hurt him right." She chuckled and I laughed and shook my head.

"There's something different about him." She smiled and nodded her head. I helped her prepare supper cutting vegetables while she finished reading her book. The boys came in sweaty and dirty. As we ate Lisa kept a conversation flowing, but I was lost in his eyes. I love him.
"Christmas." Lisa finished her sentence snapping me back to reality.
"What?" I laughed.
"Are you going to your moms for Christmas?" She asked. Caleb's face dropped a little and Austin stared at me awaiting an awnser.
"I don't know she hasn't talked to me since I got on the plane. If it's okay I'd rather spend Christmas here with you guys." I stated as Lisa, Caleb and Austin's faces lit up. She nodded and started talking to Caleb about Christmas Day and what their plan will be.

"My parents come out here for Christmas. But if you're uncomfortable with them coming I'll tell them not to." Caleb said. My other grandparents. I had completely forgotten I even had any other family members on Caleb's
side.
"I'd like to meet them." I smiled and he squeezed my hand before scooping more peas into his mouth. He smiled wide.

School starts Christmas break in two days.
I suffered through home room and all my other classes and was relieved when I heard the bell ring. Since Caleb and Austin are mending fences all day I had to drive myself. I got into my truck and started to reverse when this Jeep cut me off and parked right behind me refusing to move.
"You need to move so I can leave." I rolled my eyes as I told Ashley this. She smiled wide and moved closer to me.
"Back off Austin he's mine." She said with a smirk.
"Then why is he with me everyday? And why is he my boyfriend?" I laughed as she bore her eyes into mine.
"He doesn't do titles." She practically spat.
"Well he did for me, I guess you're just not that special." I shrugged. She flipped me off and slammed her door peeling out of the parking lot.
"What a bitch." I heard someone say. I laughed and turned to see who it was. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to be eavesdropping but I couldn't help it. I'm Cassie but you can call me Cass."
"I'm Kourtney but you can call me Kourt." I laughed." She really is a nightmare."
"Are you new here?" She smiled warmly. Before I knew it we where sitting in my truck talking about everything that went down.
"Holy shit." She laughed at the end.
"I know!" I laughed along with her. I dropped her off after we exchanged numbers. It was nice to finally have a friend.

Austin smiled wide when I walked through the front door. He greeted me with a bear hug and a quick peck before leading me into the kitchen for supper.
"Your home late missy." Lisa teased as I sat down.
"I made a friend!" I smiled wide.
"That's great sweetie." Lisa beamed as I laughed.
I told them all about her. They said I should invite her over and I beamed.

"Hey Kourt." I heard cass yell as I pulled up in her  driveway. I laughed greeting her. We headed into the school chattering. I forgot how good it felt having a girl friend. She agreed to come over after school then we parted ways.