14. Come Back To Bed

His face was pale. He sat on the small couch his head in his hands. I hung up his hat and I kneeled behind him and rubbed his shoulders until i felt them relax. I kissed the nape of his neck.
"I love you." I whispered.

He looked up at me and smiled a little, "I love you more."
He moved so he was towering over me. Both of his hands placed beside my thighs. He leaned in softly kissing me, making the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. He moved his hand up my side grazing my jaw line. He pulled back breathing heavily. Inches from my face. He stood up turning away running his fingers through his hair. I stood up and reached out to touch him. He spun around and smashed his mouth into mine. He grabbed my waist trying to pull me closer. After a moment I pulled away and stepped back, i unzipped my dress and slid it off my body. His eyes explored my half naked frame. I moved closer and had to stand on my tippy toes as i pulled off his shirt. He had small scars all over his torso and a large one running from his chest over his shoulder and onto his back. I traced them with my fingertips as his breathing hitched. In one swift motion he spread my legs and picked me up carrying me to the bed. He laughed at my suprised expression and kissed my forehead before digging in a drawer. "Here you can wear this to bed." He handed me one of his flannels that ended at my knees. I turned my back to him and removed my bra chucking it on the floor. I turned my head back and wiggled my eyebrows at him making him laugh.

He had stripped to his boxers and crawled into bed already. I buttoned up the shirt and crawled into bed beside him. I snuggled up to him and he wrapped his arms around me. His hand tracing circles on my back before moving it down to my thigh. His breathing grew faster as he did it. "Kourt." He whispered.

"Austin." I replied. He kissed me lightly before allowing me to nuzzle my head into his neck and fall asleep.

Coffee. I woke up to see a shirtless Austin in the kitchen. I quickly brushed my teeth then ran over and hugged him. He laughed when i couldnt reach his lips for a kiss. He leaned in and kissed me and pulling me into a bear hug. "You ready to kick ass?" He laughed when i nodded smiling wide.

As soon as we crossed the line Gypsy and i became one, almost as if we were reading each others minds. We rode a 17.5 which was the fastest run of the day. A buckle and a saddle later we where on our way home.

It was dark by the time we got home. We unloaded gypsy and i went straight to bed.

I woke up at 2am and couldnt fall back asleep, i paced my room for atleast 30 minutes. Before putting on a sweater and running to the barn. The cold air nipped at my bare legs as i ran. I finally exhaled when i got inside. I headed up the creaky stairs to his loft. He was sitting on his bed his bare back to me.
"Kourt." He said. I didnt say anything i slipped off the sweater so i was just in his shirt from the night before. He stood up and stared at me. I slowly walked towards him slowly un buttoning the top of his shirt stopping just above my belly button. He walked towards me pulling me into him. My mouth crashed into his more desperately than ever before. His shirt hung loosly off my shoulders. He picked me up and i wrapped my legs around his waist as he leaned us against the wall. His breathing was heavy as he moved down my neck opening the shirt and letting it fall to the floor. He laid me on the bed, pausing and looking into my eyes.
"I love you." I love you to i replied as i leaned in to kiss him but he got up and handed me the shirt he'd just taken off me.
"You should go Kourt."
I couldnt believe it i pulled the shirt on as fast as i could running back to my room tears streaming down my face. He didnt stop me, he told me to go.