18. The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Lisa slowly opened up the door.
"Aren't you gonna give your mom a hug." Said the woman as she smiled wide. Her current husband following in her footsteps. Her face dropped when she saw Austin.
"He's not Derek." She questioned raising an eyebrow, "I hope this won't interrupt the deal we had with his family. You know relationships are for business purposes." Austin went to speak but I cut him off.
"Why are you even here, last Aunty Lynn told me you were in Paris." I said slowly standing up followed by Austin putting a protective arm over my shoulder.
"Thats a conversation for another day Kourtney. We think it's about time you come home." She smiled.
"I think it's about time you leave." I replied harshly taking a step back.
Her jaw dropped and her eyes bore into me.

"It wasn't a question young lady me and your father made the decision and it's final." I looked at her and laughed.
"The man you brought with you isn't my father. The man standing beside that beautiful woman is. He's been more of a parent to me then you have ever been. You're the most selfish person I know." I spat harshly. My mother glared at me hatefully.
"He abandoned you Kourtney, no letters no calls nothing. I raised you on my own and deserve to be respected and obeyed by you." She yawned staring at her nails.
"Oh really because I actually found the letters he kept every single one that got returned." Her face went flushed.
"I....I don't know what you're talking about." She stuttered. "I am your mother you will listen to me. We are leaving now."
"You two are, not me. I'm almost 18 you want to take Caleb to court do it because unlike you I know he'll fight for me." I yelled in her face. Austin came up behind me and pulled me back into his arms.
"Stop being a bitch Kourtney. We'll talk about this in the morning. Where are we staying tonight darling?" She looked at her husband. He shrugged with the I don't know what's happening face.
"You can spend the night in our guest room." Lisa stated politely, "I'll show you to it." She led them down the hall and out of sight.
"I will fight for you if I have to baby girl." Caleb said giving me a tight hug before heading to the barn.
"So do you want to sleep in here tonight or in the loft?" Austin asked nuzzling his chin into my neck. I pointed outside and he chuckled leading me to the barn. He dug around in his dresser looking for a shirt for me to wear. He stripped to his boxers and sat on the end of the bed. He smiled at me and closed his eyes while I changed into his shirt. I crawled onto the bed leaving kisses all over his neck before he pulled me onto his lap. He sucked and bit my neck making me whimper softly. He pulled my waist closer to him then in one swift motion he had wrapped my legs around his waist, my back on the wall. He kissed my lips softly, then harder biting as he pulled away. I laughed and he laughed with me till we where in a pile on the floor uncontrollably laughing.

The alarm went off at 4am and Austin groaned as he reached over to hit the snooze button. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head as he pulled me into him. "Merry Christmas baby." He said huskily, I smiled up at him and then got up to start doing chores. He walked around with me as I fed the horses and mucked out their stalls. He draped his arm over my shoulder as he walked us to the house.

"Good morning guys." Lisa smiled warmly as she looked up at us from the couch. Caleb sat beside her smiled and nodded towards us. We sat on the couch across from them and cuddled under a blanket. Lisa got up and started handing out presents to each of us. Caleb got a new belt, Austin got a new baseball hat and I got a small silver locket. I thanked Lisa and she smiled merrily.
"It was my mother's she wanted me to give it to my daughter one day." She smiled tearing up. I gave her a huge hug and then had Austin do it up around my neck
"How touching." My mother's irritated voice rang through the room. Caleb glared up at her and Lisa sat back down beside him.

Her husband bringing her many bags downstairs.
"We are leaving let's go Kourtney." She cackled.
"No." I said not moving an inch. Her eyes bore into me and she shook her head.
"We are leaving now and you're coming or you are no longer my daughter." I laughed.
"I've never been your daughter. A real mother wouldn't choose men over their daughter. A real mother remembers birthdays and special events. She doesn't ditch her wherever it's convenient. My mother is Lisa and my father is Caleb. I'm not leaving." With that my mothers jaw dropped and she stomped out the front door. Moments later there was a light tapping on the door.

Lisa went to get up but Caleb stopped her and shook his head.
"Is that who I think it was? Caleb, oh it's been too long!" the lady cheerfully exclaimed.
"Yes and A year mom, it's been a year", he laughed.
"Ooooooh Austin I see you've found yourself a girl, she's a cutie." Her husband winked at him and asked my name.
"Kourtney." I smiled and her smile dropped.
"Caleb is thi—." My grandmother started to whisper, Caleb nodded and she burst into tears pulling me in for a hug. Followed by my grandfather hugging me tightly.
"I haven't seen you for so long! You're all grown up." She said between tears. After hours of questions and tears we all sat around the table eating and talking merrily as we indulged ourselves.