2. Home Sweet Home

Lisa led me up a creaky winding white stair case down a short hall. "Here is your room, " Lisa smiled, "We start early in the mornings but I can let you sleep tomorrow morning if you want." 

"Can I let you know in the morning, " I muttered she nodded.

"If you need anything don't be afraid to ask hun, you're family."  with that she headed the opposite direction across the hall to what I assume was her and Calebs room. 

The room was fairly large with just a queen size mattress on a white metal frame. The walls were white, I guess they cleaned it out so I could decorate as I pleased. There where two white closet doors on the left when you walked in. On the right was the bed and straight ahead was a large window. I headed over to the window and looked out to see a large white barn, fields, and a shirtless Austin. His tanned skin glistening from the sunset. I scolded myself for staring at him then started to unpack into the closet. I heard my phone ringing seeing a familiar face pop up. I answered the facetime call from Kiley. Her face was smushed against Dereks as they smiled into the screen.

 "I miss you both so much." I almost started to cry and they said it would be okay and that they would come visit soon. They asked about the house and my flight and I filled them in on everyone. I sniffled as I hung up.
A few seconds later there was a light tapping on the door. I opened it to see Caleb.

"Hi?" I said. 

"Hi," he replied awkwardly, "I just wanted to let you know if you need anything just ask me or Lisa, and uh, i'm glad your here." I smiled slightly then said thanked him and said goodnight, then I flopped on the bed. 

It was a long day, I just want to see Gypsy.

I woke up to the loudest moo I've ever heard. 

I walked down the stairs still groggy and smacked right into Lisa. "Good morning sweety, are you hungry." She asked. I nodded and sat at the counter, and she set a plate in front of me. 

"School registration is tomorrow did you want to go with me?" she asked.

"I guess you probably should." I smiled slightly she nodded in agreement. 

"Do you drive?" She asked. 

"Yeah." I almost whispered. 

"Well then we'll have to get you a vehicle now wont we." She smiled and cleared my plate.
I went upstairs to get dressed then headed back downstairs. When I heard a vehicle pull up. I ran out the front door smack into Austin. We hit the ground immediately, i apologized and scrambled to keep running towards the trailer. In less than 5 seconds I had the trailer unlocked and Gypsy haltered. Gypsy arrived a day early and i couldnt believe it. I backed her out and hugged her neck tightly while Austin unloaded my tack. 

"You brought a cow?" Austin said looking Gypsy up and down. 

"I'll have you know this cow has been through a lot."I laughed as he shook his head smiling.

I led Gypsy into the large barn and into a stall. I brushed her down and gave her oats before having a seat on a bucket inside the stall. She happily swished her tail.
"I know its different here girl, im sorry. But we'll get used to it, we always do. We will be okay," i looked down and her soft nose touched my forehead, "We'll be home before you know it."

I heard a large crash as i stood up and looked out the stall, to see Caleb on the ground beside a lead rope he'd tripped over. 

"Are you okay?" I asked he nodded and apologized then limped out of the barn. I stayed in the stall wondering why the hell Lisa and him where trying to be involved after all this time. It doesnt make sense and it sure as hell doesnt make the years he never talked to me. It doesn't  hurt any less. I spent the day and half of the night with Gypsy.

I woke up, got dressed, put on my boots and was out the door before the sun came up. I saddled up Gypsy and headed to explore the property. There was nothing but open fields and beautiful wild flowers. When I reached the top of the hill I saw a small creek. I stripped down and let Gypsy do her thing as I stepped into the cold water. There was something about the creek that just seemed peaceful. Gypsy and I didnt head back until after sunrise, i cooled her off then ran inside for a bite to eat. 

I was about to head out again when Lisa called. "Hey we have registration missy." She laughed and I nodded begrudgingly heading to her big red truck. She drove peacefully while listening to some country radio station. The air freshener swung back and forth, it was about 40 minutes till we came to a big building. She parked smiled at me and unlocked the doors so i could get out. 

"Are you ready sweetheart." She smiled.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I laughed hopping out of the truck.