16. junior - library

Hi everyone!! Sorry for the long wait on an update (lol that rhymed)
School just started for me so I have been way busy :/ I'm in a play, varsity show choir and regular choir, plus driver's ed and speech and debate -_-

hopefully I will have more time to read and write, so let me know if you write any kpop stories, I'll be glad to check them out!

Ps I started a Taehyung story! Please support it and read the first chapter so I know if you like it!

Huge thanks to annakazam for sending lots of story ideas, I really appreciate it :D

-junior's point of view-

Sitting in the library was one of the highlights of my day. It was always nice to sit and read books, work on homework, or help the librarian out with sorting.

Most people wouldn't think its fun, but it was for me.

"Jinyoung, dear, I have some books for the fiction section." The elderly librarian smiled toward me. I got up immediately and pushed the cart over to the fiction section.

Our library was fairly big, but it felt like there was hardly any people who came in just to read, it was mostly a place to do homework or sleep between classes.

I looked at the books in front of me. Trashy romance novels.

"Pity." I muttered to myself as I trudged over to that row. Only the row wasn't empty as it usually was.

There was a girl standing there, holding three books in her arms. She was reading the titles of books on the shelf, with her finger tapping her lip in concentration. She was rather cute, to be honest, and had a couple great books tucked under her arm.

"May I help you?" I asked quietly, which made her jump.

"Aigoo... You scared me." she rested her hand on her heart. When she looked up, it felt like time slowed for a few seconds.

Her eyes widened as she looked at me, a little blush crept onto her cheeks.

"Are you looking for a certain book?" I asked.

She gulped. "N-No... Well... Kind of? Its probably not here, don't worry about me!" She talked quickly, tucking her hair behind her ear and looking down.

I nodded slowly, smiling at how cute she was when she was nervous. She stayed still looking at the ground, as if she thought that if she didn't move, I wouldn't see her.

But how could I not see her? How have I never seen her?

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but..." I started out slowly. "I've never seen you here in the library."

"I've never been here. I'm new..." she smiled slightly. "When I saw how big the library was, I just had to stop by. I got a little carried away."

"That's what happens to me every day," I laugh. "Hello, I'm Jinyoung."

"I'm y/n... Its nice to meet you, Jinyoung." She smiled, setting her books on the edge of a shelf and sticking her hand towards me.

"You can call me Junior, if you'd like. That's what most people call me." I said, shaking her hand.

"No, I like Jinyoung. It makes you sound smart." She nervously giggled at her small joke. She was so cute, I couldn't help but smile.

"Well, y/n, if you need any help, let me know. I hope to see you around here more." I said with a large smile as I turned to the cart and looked through the books.

"Actually..." she said slowly. "Do you have any recommendations?"

I didn't think I could smile any larger, but I did. "Of course."

We spent almost two hours in the library talking about books that we loved, books we hated, books we wish we could change the ending to... And eventually just started talking about each other.

"Oh wow, its late. I should probably get home..." she said when I asked what time it was. The library was empty now, and half the lights were off.

"Would you like me to walk you?" I stood up from the big chair immediately when she grabbed her bag.

"No, I should be fine. Thank you, though," she smiled. "Thank you for everything."

"No... Thank you, y/n." I said as I walked her to the doors.

"I'll come see you soon, okay? It was great meeting you." She said with a small smile as I held the door open for her. She began walking away.

I watched as she left and sighed.

I couldn't wait to see her again.