9. late night calls and another text?

When Emily and I got back to my house it was pretty late so Emily decided to sleep over. She said her parents wouldn't care anyways, so why not?

My mom was staying at my grandparents house because she hasn't seen them for a while, and my dad is working a night shift so we have the house to ourselves. My parents trust me.

We tried falling asleep, but we just couldn't so we decided to stay up for a bit.

"I can't even imagine how you must feel right now" Emily said to me.

"I can't believe I just met them, they were awesome, I love those guys so much" I said.

"I know they seem like really good people, well from when I talked to Luke and Michael a bit" Emily said.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked, the curiosity showing through my voice.

"You" Emily said with a small giggle.

"WHAT? WHAT DID THEY SAY ABOUT ME?" I ask louder than I should have while Emily was laughing.

"They were asking about you, so I told them what you were like, all good stuff, I promise, they were quite interested" Emily told me still giggling a bit.

"Oh my, I'm still all excited. Did you see, Ashton and I, he hugged me, he said he loved me, and Calum, and Michael and-

"I know, I am so happy for you" Emily said, stopping me.

I just can't fully explain what I am feeling, it's like a million butterflies are flying around my stomach, it hurts that they are gone, but I am still overwhelmed with the happiness of being with them.

There is just something about them. Its like they would be so fun to be around them even if they weren't doing anything. I just felt so good and happy, finally being with them, I never want it to end, but it already did.

I jump when my phone vibrates and lights up. I got a text message.

When I pick up my phone and read the message I gasp and I put my hand over my mouth in shock.

"What! What is it?" Emily asked me.

I was freaking out as I showed her my phone.

❤️Ashton:

Helloooooooo Taylor

Ashton thought you looked so pretty tonight he hasn't shut up about you ;)

"LOOK HE MESSAGED ME" I yelled.

"OH MY GOSH HE DID" Emily yelled with me.

Then my phone buzzed again.

❤️Ashton :

Ur hot

And again.

❤️Ashton :

Heyyyy there ;))))

Okay what is going on. This can't be him. They are probably making some stupid joke.

"Oh my gosh" Emily said while laughing.

"I forgot he asked for your number!" She added.

Then my phone buzzed once again.

❤️Ashton :

Hey, I am so sorry, my stupid
band mates took my phone lol

That was really embarrassing
omg I'm so so sorry

I was basically going insane. Emily was too. I immediately respond.

    Np lol what are you guys doing?

I hit send and I looked up at Emily.

"This is so awesome" Emily said.

"I know!" I gush. I'm such a fangirl.

He probably won't respond, I'm just some random girl to him. Might as well just go to sleep. Why would he want to talk to me anyway?

"Hey it's pretty late, we should probably try to get some sleep" I say.

"Are you sure?" Emily asked.

"Yeah I'm pretty tired" I say.

"Alright goodnight" Emily said to me.

I lay in bed just thinking. A lot happened to me today, I'm just going over it all. Like processing it or something. I think my mind finally accepted that it was all real. It actually happened.

They are my favourite people, I just want to know them personally, I mean I somewhat know them, but it's not the same.

It will never happen though, they wouldn't want to hang around me. Would they? Nah.

~

Just as I was about to drift into a peaceful sleep, my phone vibrates.

While I'm in my half-asleep state I pick up my phone, unlocked it, and read what was on the screen.

❤️Ashton :

Not much, just hangin
And I'm just talking to you

I reply, feeling the butterflies in my stomach again.

Nice, and you guys played a
great show tonight, you rock

He replied almost instantly.

❤️Ashton :

Thanks! Glad you were there:)

Ashton and I kept texting, back and forth, talking about, well, anything.

It was so normal. I've obsessed about this guy since before high school, and to be here, texting him, was unbelievable. Yet he's just a normal guy. Who many people have looked up to, including me.

What surprised me the most was how into the conversation he was. I constantly wondered why he continued to talk to me with such interest.

I'm not much. I'm not drop dead gorgeous, I'm not that fun to hang out with, and I'm certainly not interesting.

But yet Ashton Irwin is talking to me.

Why?

I just don't understand.

And I fell asleep that night, with my trail of thoughts and my phone in my hands.

--------------------------
The picture gives me feels bc it's like when ash is texting her omg I can't

AND HIGH SCHOOL STARTS IN LIKE LESS THAN A WEEK :(((((((