A New Cast, A New Kid

A video audition begins to play as a boy with short black hair, light skin, and red eyes rimmed with gold. He smiled sweetly to the person holding the camera. "Dad, is it recording?" The camera nods as the boy giggles. "Hello producers of Total Drama, My name is Kaylub, but I prefer to be called Kid. I want to be on your show because I've been a fan since season one and watching Kaylub Usinagi inspired me to audition. I hope you'll consider me as I know how to swim and I'm really good at it."

"Don't forget to mention how you blush." The boy blushes crimson as he looks at his Dad behind the camera.

"Dad, you're not supposed to bring that up, end the recording." The screen turns to black as Chris and Chef both sit there stunned. Chef had spilled his hot coffee, but was in so much shock it didn't register.

"Was that?" Chris asks looking to Chef. The two share a long moment of silence before hitting the accept button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was soo excited when I was accepted on the show.  I woke up early, got dressed in my usual black top and hoodie along with my jeans and sneakers, fixed my short, messy, black hair, and looked in the mirror at my gold eyes rimming around the red iris. I smile and see my sharp canines. I pull up my hood and chuckle a bit as I exit my room. I see my adoptive dad looking at me his eyes sparkling. 

"I can't believe my boy is going to be on the show we've watched since it aired." He says smiling as I blushed.

"Dad...thanks for letting me audition though I'm kinda confused why they would let another Kaylub on the show? Do you think it's cuz I can go by a different name?" He shrugs as we headed to the dock where a yacht was waiting with a few of other teens on it. I give him a quick hug as I went aboard. I went over to a large black male who just looked at me next to a meditating bleach blonde girl. "Hi, I'm Kaylub, just call me Kid, nice to meet you." I say in sign language. He responded telling me his full name and how he preferred to be called B. I nod as we continued to talk in our own silence.

Soon I see the island and smile as I see Chris on the island then I hear a ticking sound and feel a panic build up in me. A hand on my shoulder calmed my mind as I looked to B. Then everything went white and a ringing in my ears appeared. I felt water wrap around me. I went to instinct as I swam for shore following what my dad taught me. When I arrived on land I saw the bleach blonde girl by the name Dawn sitting on a rock. She's not wet. I shrug and sit by her basking in the sun drying off as the other contestants came and I stood by B smiling. 

/"I can't believe I here! I've always wanted to be here and now I am. I don't know much of my past, but what my dad tells me is that he adopted me and on a stormy day I fell into a coma and forgot everything...well except for my first name. I'm Kaylub, but I like to be called Kid." I smile at the camera. "I hope I can get along with everyone here. I'm not that great with social skills, but I think B and I are friends."\

Then the overhead speakers turned on and Chris spoke. 

"Attention, fresh meat, see the trail leading into the forest? Race to the end of the trail and do not disturb the wildlife. That would be bad."

"Yeah, we wouldn't wanna upset the bunnies." A boy who looked like a jock said bumping elbows with a chubby boy who I remember was playing on a game system.

"The tiniest sound could set them off...like this." I cover my ears as he then blasts an air horn through the speakers. There was a loud growl as we all ran into the forest and kept running. 

I end up getting to the finish line after two others. I blush a bit being in the presence of Chris McLean as he smiles at me making my heart race.