Itsy-bitsy Spider

I was up with Dawn, who was meditating. I was deep in my own thoughts when I heard quiet footsteps. I get up as a firefly comes in and flies over to Dawn. I see Chris with Dakota. He holds up a finger telling me to be silent as I walk over. A bright blush on my face as I see he has earmuffs on and I cover my ears. Dakota blows an air horn. 

"Run, Run for your lives!" Chris shouts as I see the other teens run out of their cabins in fear shouting things. Soon, they gather up where I am and Chris signals for Dakota to stop. "Thanks intern!"

"Huh!" Dakota said obviously having a ringing in her ears.

"Hi, Dakota," Sam says.

"Huh, speak up!" She's then pushed to the ground as Chef brings in a map of the island that has stickers on it. Six green skulls, three yellow clue envelopes, and one purple spider sticker in the middle.

"Challenge time," Chris said with a smile.

"What, now, in the middle of the night, when it's all, you know, dark?" Brick asked seemingly scared.

/"I have excellent night vision. This'll be easy." I smile as my eyes shimmer a bit.\

"Your challenge, a scavenger hunt for three creepy souvenirs. Your locations, a haunted forest, a scary pet cemetery, and an extra spooktastic cave. First team to each location gets a special clue, but watch out for booby traps. I really went to town with them." He chuckles. "So move fast and stick together. You'll be penalized for each player you lose."

"Um, what does the spider represent?" Cameron asked.

"Oh, yeah, there's some kinda gigantic mutated spider sort of running around loose on the island." The others complain among themselves as I remain silent.

"What's on the loose?" Dakota asked shouting a bit.

"A gigantic mutated spider!" Sam yelled into her ear. That's not going to help. Cameron curls in on himself.

"There's nothing to fear but mortal terror itself, talk soon." We then all race off as he blows a horn.

We make it the the first checkpoint before the other team. "Woo hoo, first, that's right!" Lightning said.

"Welcome to the haunted forest, your clue can be found at the base of this tree." Lightning goes over and reaches in only to scream. "In a bear trap." He laughs.

"Here, creepy girl, read the clue," He said handing the clue to Dawn.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Jo said as the Maggots arrived.

"Hey, find your own piece of paper," Lightning said, still with a bear trap on his arm.

"Come on, let the runts have their clue. I've got a plan." The Maggots then rush off as I raise a brow. We then walk on.

"Inside a knot is a nest, your souvenir lives with a pest, find Polaris to travel Northwest." Dawn read as we stopped.

"Polaris is the North Star," I look up. "That's Polaris, so this way is Northwest, let's go!" I say as I lead the way down a path. 

I stop when I feel something bad happened. I turn to see that Dawn was missing. "Dawn?" I look around and start to panic. "Dawn!?"

"What did we lose the weirdo?" Scott said as I whirl around and glare at him.

"You do realize we get a penalty for every person we lose right?" Also she's my friend and I will hurt you. I think.

"And there's some kind of whacked out spider crawling around right?" Lightning brings up as I feel my breath cut short in concern.