Snow Day

We were in the dining hall eating gruel for breakfast. I was sitting with B on the edge as Dawn was across from me. 

"Your aura is radiant, but something seems to be locked deep within you." Dawn said to me as we ate. I tilt my head as she seems to smile at me so I smiled back. We've become fast friends as have B and I. I continue to eat as I see Mike go into Chester. I make a mental note of his personality switches so far I've gotten two. Chester and the one from the obstacle course. I then hear choking. I get up and do the heimlich maneuver on Lighting as he coughs up a living cockroach. Dawn comes over and picks up the critter.

"Whew, that was a close one, phew, thanks little girl." Lighting says to me as I blink at him a few times. I'm a boy. I think as I shake my head and turn to Dawn who was petting the bug.

Then a rat with a giant brain uses telekinesis and we all go running out of the hall. Then Mike is sent flying out of the door and he collides with me. We tumble to the floor as I blush madly. 

"Ouch, oh, um, sorry about that." All I could do was nod with wide eyes as I knew my voice would betray me. He got up and helped me up in the process. I was still blushing madly before moving over to my team calming my racing heart as I stood with B.

"Attention players, please head directly to the looming tragedy that is mt. looming tragedy. Your race begins...now!"

"Maggots ho!" Jo said as we all race to the top. 

Once there everyone was panting. 

"Did we win?" Sam asked as Cameron vomited in a bush.

"If we were hamsters, I would have eaten you by now," Jo said as Chris whistles catching our attention. 

"Okay, mutant food, on with the challenge. Part one is an uphill battle. You have to climb all the way up to that cliff. First team to get to the top gets advantage in part two. You can climb with your hands, or use whatever you find in the pile. Don't worry, this junkyard doesn't have a dog. It has a giant mutant beetle." The others flinch as Chris laughs. "Big guy's a bit of a hoarder. His estate is full of useful crud and disgusting crud." The beetle then hurls a toilet at us as we duck. "That is, if you can get near it." Chris gives a thumbs up as Chef blows into a large horn. "It is on," He said as we race off.

"Let's hussle Maggots, double-time," Jo said. We start climbing, but then B pulls me down and points to the pile.

"You want me to go distract the beetle while you build something that'll help us reach the top?" He nods as I nod. I notice that the beetle isn't around then I hear screaming. I rush over to the screaming and catch Cameron, Zoey, and Mike and help them back onto their feet. I blush brightly at Mike as I feel Zoey's eyes on me. 

"Thanks," I nod blushing.

"Kid, can you play the recorder?" I hear Dawn ask.

"Yeah why?" I get tossed a recorder as I start to play a soft melody and I walk away from the three Maggots and past the junk pile to keep the Beetle at bay who listens to the song. Then the smaller beetle came over and listened as I played a second song. 

Soon, I see that B had made a rocket launcher with a sofa attached. 

"Thank you for being a wonderful audience, but I have to go." I say as the two wave to me and I rush over to my team, holding Scott, while blushing immensely, so he wouldn't fly away, as B ignites it and we're sent flying.

When we land, we land on Chef. 

"You did it B, we won the challenge," Dawn said as we cheer. Jo was up there too. Chris comes flying up.