Mine Over Matter

I was chilling with Cameron as we read books in the silence of the cabin. Mike was out talking to Zoey. 

"So, do you know about Mike's MPD?" I ask him not looking up from my book.

"Yes, how did you know?" He asked as I looked up at him.

"First day when he switched into Chester." He looked at me shocked. "What?"

"We weren't even on the same team then."

"That doesn't mean I can't be observant." I say with a light blush. Cameron raised his brow at me. "What?" I ask as Mike walks in I blush deeper and return to my book.

"What did I miss?" He asked as I just read.

"Nothing, but I do think it's time we head down to get breakfast." At the mention of the morning meal my stomach rumbles making me blush more and I hear Mike chuckle. "Do you agree Kid?" Cameron asked as I nodded getting up and following the two out behind my book.

That's when I hear Helicopters and see interns with bags. I raise a brow as no one else seems to be confused. When we arrive at the dining hall Chef is missing and Chris doesn't seem to be present either. Than Brick and Jo walk in. 

"All right let's get this disgusting joke we call breakfast over with." She said as I was looking into the kitchen.

"We can't, Chef's not here and neither is breakfast," Cameron said.

"Sorry Lightning needs meat. M-e...uh...e, come on we'll make our own breakfast," Lightning said as we all head into the kitchen.

"There's no food in the fridge," Mike said.

"Nothing in the cupboards either," Zoey said.

"We should check in the walk-in freezer." I hear Chef suggest. I look to where the voice came from to find no one.

"Hey yeah, the freezer." Lightning goes over and opens the door running. "Sha-bingo, meatsicle." Everyone runs into the freezer before darkness engulfs us and the freezer is moving.

"Challenge time suckers." Chef said opening up a sliding viewing hole.

"This is highly unorthodox." Cameron says as he's clinging onto a hanging meat.

"Where are you taking us?" Zoey asked.

"You'll see," He then laughs closing the slider on his finger.

"What do you think it will be?" I hear Scott whisper to me as I spin around only to trip and be caught by Mike.

"You okay?" He asked looking concerned. I blush brightly and heat up, despite being in a freezer, and nod. "Good." He then helps me to my feet, but still has a hand on me just in case. That just causes me to remain in a permanent blush. Thank you that it's dark.

Then I hear the truck backing up and we are dumped out as I easily am the only one not in the pile. "Good, you're here, finally. Today's challenge is to find a golden Chris statue, in your team colors, hidden somewhere in this old abandoned mine. First team back wins."

"Sha-done and done, go team dude!" Lightning said as I facepalm at his blindness.

"Are you sha-blind, I'm not a-" Jo was cut off by a red bag tossed at her causing her to hit the floor.

"Don't worry, there are enough packs for everyone." We all get tossed one as Cameron seemed to struggle with his.

"What'd you put in here, rocks?" Jo goes to open it.

"Apapapapa, No peeking. Those fifty pound bags are purely for your torment, and my amusement, enjoy." I see something on the bag and pull it off.

"Chemical badges, what are these for?" I ask.