Chapter Two

My alarm went off. It was Sunday. I pushed myself out of bed and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I was done, I walked downstairs. My mom left a note on the kitchen counter. It read:
Anna,
I left for work but I'll be back around 7:30-8:00. See you then. -Love, mom.
I decided to get ready. I walked back up to the bathroom and showered. When I was done, I went back to my room to get dressed.
I wore my black Slasher t-shirt with my see-through black and red flannel over it. I also wore some dark blue ripped jeans and all black high-top Converse.
I really didn't know what to do now that I was ready. I didn't even know why I got ready. I went to the living room and watched tv for a little bit. I watched Keeping Up With The Kardashians because it seemed like the only good thing on.
  I heard a knock on the door so I got up and answered it. It was Noah.
  "Hi." I said.
  "Hey. Are you doing anything?" He asked.
  "Nope." I replied.
  "Want to go do something?" He asked.
  "It would be nice." I mumbled.
  "You could come hang out with Audrey and me." He suggested.
  "Ok. Right now?" I asked.
  "Yeah." He began. "I was just about to leave to go pick her up."
  "Yeah, I'll go. Let me lock the house and get my keys." I said. "You can come in."
  I gestured for Noah to come inside and he walked in after I walked to the kitchen. I grabbed the keys on the counter.
  "We can go." I said and walked out of the kitchen after Noah.
  Before I shut the door, I locked the bottom lock. I followed Noah to his car and got in the passenger seat.
  "Where does Audrey live?" I asked.
  "Not very far. Just a couple of blocks away." Noah replied.
  He stuck the key in the ignition and turned it. We pulled out of the Foster's drive-way and drove down the road. After about 20 minutes, Noah and I pulled up to a rather large house.
"Do I go with you or?" I asked.
"She'll be out in a second." He replied.
Sure enough, there came a girl with a black, pixie haircut. She was wearing a leather jacket, a black t-shirt, skinny jeans, and black combat boots. She also had a shoulder bag.
"Should I get in the back?" I asked, anxiously.
"Oh no! You're fine right here." Noah replied.
I continued to stare at the girl walking towards the car, she looked at me and then got in the backseat.
"Hi. I'm Audrey Jensen. I don't believe we've met before." She said.
"We haven't. I'm new to Lakewood. I'm Anna Jackson, by the way." I said.
"Nice to meet you, Anna."
"You too."
"Well, ladies, what do you want to do?" Noah asked.
  I shrugged. Audrey stayed silent, as well.
  "Want to go hang out with Emma, Eli, Stavo, and Brooke?" Noah asked.
  I didn't know who any of those people were but I nodded. Audrey wanted to go hang out with them, too.
  "Alright. Let's go." Noah said.
  He took off down the street. After a couple minutes, we were at another house. I was kind of scared to meet all these new people. I guess Noah sensed it.
  "Don't worry. These people are cool." He reassured me.
  We all got out of the car.
  "Are you sure they're all here?" Audrey asked.
  "Yeah." Noah began. "I called Emma this morning."
  "Ok, Foster." Audrey mumbled.
  Noah skipped the front door and went straight to the backyard. There was a group of people sitting in chairs. They all turned when they heard us.
"Who's the new girl?" Asked a boy with sandy blonde hair asked.
"This." Noah stepped out of the way and gestured to me. "Is Anna Jackson. She just moved here from Georgia."
"Hi." I said.
I was a fairly shy person. Big crowds didn't excite me.
"Hi, Anna. I'm Emma." Said a girl with long, curly blonde hair.
Another boy, the same boy with sandy blonde hair, introduced himself as Eli Hudson. I felt a sudden attraction to Eli as soon as I saw him. Maybe it was his voice or something I didn't understand but I felt drawn to him.
Everybody else introduced themselves. Brooke and Stavo seemed like very cool people. So did Emma and Eli. Emma seemed extremely nice. Audrey, Noah, and I all walked to the group and sat down.
  "What brought you to Lakewood?" Brooke asked.
  "My mom got a job transfer." I replied.
  "And how did you meet Noah?" Emma asked.
  "He lives next door to me." I began. "My mom wanted to go meet the neighbors and he was the first one we chose."
  "Oh. Really?" Emma mumbled.
  I nodded.
"Well, do you want anything to drink or anything like that?" Emma asked me.
"No. I'm fine. Thank you for offering though." I replied.
The whole time I talked to Emma, I could feel somebody looking at me. I didn't know who it was but I had that feeling of somebody looking at me.
  "What school are you going to?" Eli asked.
  "George Washington High School." I said.
  "On Monday?" He asked.
  "Yes." I replied.
  "Cool." He mumbled.
  We all talked for a little bit and then my mom texted me.
  I slid my phone out of my front pocket to see who it was.
  Mom: Hey sweetheart. Is everything ok?
  Anna: Yeah. I'm at Emma Duval's house with Noah.
  Mom: Ok. Have fun.
  "Who was that?" Noah asked.
  "My mom. She wanted to know where I was." I said.
  "Do you have anybody from Lakewood's number?" Eli asked.
  "No. I literally just moved here." I replied.
  After I said that, I got everybody's number.
  "I can't believe I didn't give you my number last night." Noah said, awestruck.
  "I guess we were too busy unpacking my bedroom." I laughed slightly.
  "Speaking of which, did you and your mom get the rest of the house unpacked?" Noah asked me.
  "She unpacked her bedroom and the living room but the rest is still in boxes." I replied.
  "We could help you." Emma said.
  "That's really nice but you don't have to."  I said.
  "No. I insist. Noah lives right by you. We'll find your house."
  "Ok?"
  Everybody got up and went to different cars. They all took off at different times. Nobody had to follow us because they all knew where Noah lived. When Noah pulled up Emma and Eli were waiting in front of his house. He pulled into the driveway.
We all got out.
"She lives there." Noah said, pointing to my house.
We all started walking towards my house. I walked up the porch steps first so I could unlock the door. Emma walked in after me.
"Where do we start?" She asked.
"Wherever you want." I replied.
Everybody else came in and went to different parts of the house. I wanted to unpack my mom's office but I figured I should ask first. I texted her.
Anna: Hey mom. Emma, Eli, Noah, and Audrey are helping me unpack the rest of the house. Do you care if I unpack your office?
I sent it and waited for a reply.
Mom: Yes that is fine. Just be careful you don't hurt yourself. See if somebody will help you.
Anna: Ok. Love you.
Mom: Love you too.
  I went down the hallway, past the stairs, to the room that was supposed to be my mom's office. There weren't many boxes in there but she had a desk. It was a pain in the ass to set up.
I walked back out of the room to find somebody to help me. I found Audrey first.
"Hey. Can you help me set up this desk?" I asked.
"Yeah." She replied.
I turned around and Audrey followed me. I told her where all the parts went and she helped me push them together and stand it up.

She left the room and went back to unpacking in a different part of the house.

Heyyo! So I hope you guys like this! It's kind of boring but whatever. Should I keep the chapters this long? I want to because I hate short chapters but let me know what you think. I'm going to try and update as much as possible before school starts. (7 days exactly 🙃)

Comment
Vote
Fan
-Brayton🐱