Chapter 10

-Anna's POV-

  Noah was trying extremely hard to explain this math to me. But even he didn't understand it. Eli was on his way to help us. Help me, anyways. I wondered how Noah got through this assignment if he couldn't explain it to me. But then I remembered that Noah wasn't in AP Algebra. He was in "normal kid" algebra.

  I heard Eli pull up and went to open the door. He walked up the steps, smiling. I let him in.

  "We're in the living room." I told him.

  He went into the living room and sat next to Noah. Noah grabbed the paper and showed him. I walked in there and sat down. Eli started explaining things to me. I started to understand it better because he knew what he was doing. I started to do it on my own and Noah and Eli started talking.

  I finished the assignment and shut the book. I grabbed all my stuff and took it upstairs to my bedroom. I was extremely hungry at this point so instead of going back to the living room, I went to the kitchen. I opened the freezer and grabbed out the pizza rolls. Mom had gone shopping a couple days ago.

  "Hey! What are you doing in there?" Eli yelled.

  "Making food!" I yelled back.

  "I'll take some of that, too." Eli said.

  "Yeah, I'll second some of that." Noah interjected.

  I rolled my eyes. I went to the cupboard and grabbed a big plate down and dumped a bunch of pizza rolls on it. I popped the microwave door open and put the plate in there. I shut the door and pushed the buttons 1, 3, and 0. It started and I went to the living room.

  "Did you make enough?" Eli asked.

  "Yes, Hudson." I replied.

  "Good." He said.

  The microwave started beeping and I got up to get it. Eli pushed me back down and ran to the kitchen. He jumped over the couch and slipped on our rug under the microwave. He fell pretty hard. I started laughing. He got up and glared at me. He eventually made it to the microwave and got the pizza rolls.

  This time, when he came back into the living room, he went to the couch. He set the plate on the coffee table and we started eating. They were really hot.  I ended up spitting one out before I even bit into it. My taste buds were gone. I had just burnt the shit out of them. Eli started laughing.

  I glared at him.

  "Fuck you."

  At the point, Noah had just spit one out because he burned himself, too. Both Eli and I laughed at this. Noah, obviously, didn't just watch what I did. He pushed the sides open and blew into it and then popped it back into his mouth.

  "What the hell did you just do?" I asked.

  "I cooled down my pizza roll." He replied.

  "Why did you do it like that?" I asked.

  "Like what?" He asked.

  "You blew into it." I said.

  "Ohhhh. It cools it down faster." He told me.

  I decided to try it. I pushed open the sides and blew into the pizza roll. I put it in my mouth, ready for it to burn me. But it didn't. It was the perfect temperature, actually. I looked over at Noah, awestruck. He smiled.

  "See? It works." He said.

  "Alright. Hold on. Let me try this." Eli interjected.

  He picked up a pizza roll and blew into it. He put it in his mouth. He was also awestruck.

  "Dude. That is amazing." He said to Noah.

  Noah laughed.

  "I know." Noah said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I pulled my blanket up and closed my eyes. I was freezing cold. Eli and Noah just left and I decided to take a nap. I laid there in my bed, freezing my ass off, trying to fall asleep. My eyelids became heavy after a while and I fell asleep.

-*-D R E A M-*-

  "ELI!" I yelled.

  I was running around a yard in a blue and red tie-dye t-shirt with some black shorts on. My t-shirt was extremely wet. What the hell happened? Eli came around the corner of the house with a Super Soaker in his hand. I ran.

  "You can't run forever, Anna!" He yelled.

  He was right. I couldn't but I could run for a long time. I booked it around the other corner of the house. When I was in the backyard, Eli was already there. Shit. I stood there and let him get close to me. He sprayed water at me and I screamed. He started to laugh. He set the Super Soaker down and hugged me. He was also soaking wet.

  I smiled. He held me close to him. Even though he was soaking wet, he was warm. He let go of me and grabbed my hand.

  "Let's go inside and dry off." He said.

  "Ok." I responded.

  He started walking and I followed. We went back to the house and inside. I almost slipped on the hardwood floor. Eli did fall. I started laughing. He put his hand up and I pulled him up.

  "Thanks, babe." he said.

  We went upstairs to my bedroom and changed into dry clothes. He slipped going down the stairs, too.

  "Holy damn, Eli. Are you ok?" I asked.

  He got back up.

  "Yeah. I'm fine."

{*E N D  O F  D R E A M*}

  I rolled out of my bed. I felt immensely better. My head wasn't throbbing and my stomach didn't hurt anymore. I went downstairs and found my mom on the couch. She looked over at me.

  "Hi, honey. Do you feel any better?" She asked.

  "Mom, it's Friday. Why aren't you at work?" I asked.

  "I called in. I figured I could spend one day with you." She told me.

  "Oh. Okay." I responded.

  I went and sat on the couch by her.

====================================================================================================================================================

HI! I hate this. You probably hate this. But at least the update is here. The next chapter will be better, I promise. I just am updating a bajillion stories rn so I'm juggling a lot. But always remember there will be updates and I didn't forget!

comment

vote

fan

-bray bae