Chapter Six

Eli walked me to my door.
  "Are you gonna go? Emma looks like she's waiting." I said, looking over at Emma.
  Eli shrugged, slightly.
  "I, mean, I could stay here for a little bit and walk home." He said.
  I liked the idea.
  "If you're doing that, you better tell Emma." I reminded him.
  He walked off the porch and I walked inside. I left the door open. He walked in a few minutes later and I was sitting in the living room. He sat next to me on the couch.
  "Don't you have homework?" He asked.
  I nodded.
  "Are you going to do it?" He interrogated.
  "Not right this minute, no." I replied.
  He didn't say anything back. We sat in silence until I turned on the tv. I scrolled through the channels to find a movie. Eli grabbed the remote from me.
  "Hey!" I yelled.
  "What?" He replied.
  "Why did you take it from me?" I asked.
  "I saw The Bee Movie and I want to watch that." He told me.
  I started laughing.
  "What are you laughing at?"
  "You." I began. "The Bee Movie? Really?"
  He nodded. I stayed silent and let him find his movie and then we watched it together. His eyes were lit up the entire time. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. He really liked this movie.
When it was over, he grabbed his phone and checked the time. It was 4:35. We still had a long time before my mom got home.
"So..." he began. "What do you want to do now?"
I shrugged. It was silent for a minute. I thought about what we could do. We could go to the park, but, was there even a park in Lakewood? We could go to the mall. There were a few things we could do. It was like Eli was reading my mind because when I went to speak, he took the words right out of my mouth.
"We could go to the park." Eli said.
"Hey! I was just thinking that!" I exclaimed.
"Then I suggest we do it." He replied.
We didn't have a car so we had to walk. Eli walked out before me because I had to lock the door. I left my key in the potted plant outside. The park was only 10 minutes away by car but 40 minutes when you walked. I pushed Eli into the street a few times and he stumbled but got back up on the sidewalk. It was a quiet walk.
When I saw the park, I sprinted for the swings. Eli continued to walk until I was almost there. He eventually caught up. I picked up the pace and got the higher swing. He gave me a pouty face.
"I should get the higher one." He mumbled.
"Why is that?" I asked.
"Because I'm taller." He replied.
I rolled my eyes, but got up and switched him. He smiled and got on the higher swing. I glared at him.
"Awe. Why the sad face, Anna?" He asked, sarcastically.
"You always get what you want." I said.
"Maybe it's because of my handsome looks." He began. "Or the fact that you can't say no to me."
That made me laugh.
"Don't pleasure yourself, Hudson. You're delusional." I scoffed.
  He smirked.
  "You know it's true." He mumbled.
  I flipped him off. He gasped.
  "Rude!" He yelled.
  I laughed.
  "Try me."
-------------------------------------------------------
  It was finally Saturday. I hadn't decided what I was going to do on my first weekend in Lakewood but I knew it wasn't going to be spent the day with my mom because she was going to be at work, all day, again. Eli texted me last night after I fell asleep.
  Eli: I had a pretty great time with you last night, hit me up tomorrow and maybe we can hang out again or something.
  I got out of bed and got ready for the day. I wore a pair of brown, knee-high boots with blue jeans and a gray sweatshirt. I ate a piece of toast with Nutella on it. It tasted pretty good. I sat on the couch like I normally do when I don't have plans.
  I missed my friends back in Georgia. My best friend, Kasper, lived in Georgia. I hadn't talked to him since I left...
  I decided to text him.
  Anna: Hey stranger! How's life in Georgia?!
     Read 9:37 ☑️
  My smile quickly faded. Kasper didn't even text back. I decided to call Noah. It rang 5 times.
  Noah: "Hey Anna."
  Anna: "Hey! What are you doing today?"
  Noah: "I was probably going to stay home. Why?"
  Anna: "Oh. Well, I was going to see if you wanted to do something but your day is planned."
  Noah: "You can come over! I'm just watching movies, that's it though."
  Anna: "Ok. I'll be over in like 20 minutes."
  Noah: "Ok. See you then."
  I clicked end and slid my phone into my pocket. I didn't know what to do. I went back up to my room. It was a mess. There were clothes and books all over the place. I put all my dirty laundry into one pile and my books in my windowsill. The time passed quickly and before I knew it, Noah called me to ask if I was coming over.
  I jogged to his house and knocked on the door. He opened the door. He was wearing sweats and a t-shirt. I walked in.
  "What are we watching?" I asked.
  "Freddy vs Jason?" He asked me.
  "Sure." I began. "You really are into this horror thing, aren't you?"
  "Yeah. I am."
We walked into the living room and I sat on the couch. Noah went and made popcorn. The movie was set on the coffee table. I picked it up and looked at the cover.
When I was little, the cover of the movie used to scare me enough. Watching the movie seemed like something I would never do. I was always too scared to even as I grew up and all my friends made fun of me for it. By 8th grade, though, I had watched a lot of horror movies and now, I loved them.
Noah handed me the popcorn bowl and took the movie. He put it in the DVD player and then sat down. He skipped through the previews and commercials, that were about 10 years old. He pressed play on the title menu.
  "AGH!" I screamed, throwing the popcorn bowl up.
  Noah laughed at me. I looked over at him.
  "What?" I asked.
  "Did you not see that coming?" He replied.
  "If I did, I wouldn't have screamed." I said, sassily.
  He smirked. I rolled my eyes. We continued watching the movie. Noah's phone rang. It was Audrey. He paused the movie and answered the phone.
  Audrey: "Hey Noah, where are you?"
  Noah: "I'm at my house with Anna."
  Audrey: "Oh ok. Bye"
  Noah: "Why? What do you need?"
  Audrey: "I was gonna see if you wanted to watch a movie but you're busy."
  Noah: "Anna and I are watching a movie if you want to come over."
  Audrey: "Alright, I might. Bye Noah."
  Noah: "Bye Audrey."

  He put his phone on the coffee table and un-paused the movie.

Heyyyy! Sorry, it's been so long since I updated with an actual chapter but here it is! Thank you guys so much for 300+ reads!! That doesn't seem like a lot but to me, it is. Especially for how bad this story is. PSA: SEASON TWO OF SCREAM IS ON NETFLIX

Comment
Vote
Fan
-Brayton👑✌🏻️