Chapter Five

The school day was over and I was glad. It wasn't that I didn't like school, it was that I didn't like being stared at. I found Noah at the end of the day and we waited for Audrey at his car. I got in the back seat, again. I felt like Audrey deserved to sit up front. I had taken the passenger seat all weekend.
Audrey walked out of the school building to the car. She got on the passenger side.
"To your house?" Audrey asked Noah.
"Yeah." He replied.
Noah started the car and took off towards his house. When we got there, I got out and walked to my house.
"You aren't coming over?" Noah asked.
I turned to look at him.
"Um... Yeah, I will in a little bit. Just give me a couple minutes." I replied.
Noah nodded, as in understanding. I went to my front door and unlocked it. My mom wouldn't be home until 8:30-9:00. I went upstairs and opened my bedroom door. I threw my backpack on my bed and went downstairs. I would do my homework later. I walked to Noah's house. I didn't know whether I should knock or just go in. I decided to just walk in and go to Noah's room.
Before I even got to his door, it opened and he and Audrey walked out. His eyes widened in surprise.
"We were just coming over." He said.
"Looks like I beat you." I replied, smiling.
"Yeah. You did." He mumbled.
They turned around and went back to Noah's room and I followed.
  "Did you notice everybody staring at you when you were with Eli today?" Audrey asked.
  "Wasn't it just because I'm the new girl?" I asked in response.
  "No. Nobody looked at you like that in class." She replied.
  I shrugged.
  "Why would they care?" I asked.
  "Because Eli isn't known to be seen with new people. Guy or girl. He is kind of shady." Audrey told me.
  I thought about when Eli and I were unpacking. It was the latest thing in my mind lately.
  "Maybe it's because she's hanging out with the  new Lakewood Six." Noah said.
  Audrey took note of that.
  "That could be it, too." I said.
  We talked about that for a little bit and then switched topics a few times. My mom called at 6:35.
  "Hey, mom."
  "Hey, honey. Where are you?"
  "At Noah's with Noah and Audrey."
  "Oh ok. I'll be home in the next hour or so."
  "Ok. Love you. See you then."
  "Love you too."
  I hung up.
  "What did your mom want?" Noah asked.
  "She wanted to know where I was." I told him.
  "Oh. Do you have to go home or anything?" He asked.
  I shook my head.
  "I'm hungry." Audrey began. "Do you have any food, Foster?"
  "Yes, I do. Follow me." He said.
  He got up and Audrey and I trailed behind him, down to the kitchen. He opened the pantry and stepped aside for Audrey to go inside.
I just stood outside the food closet with Noah.
"Do you want anything?" He asked.
"No. I'll eat at home. Thanks, though." I replied.
Audrey walked out with a bag of colored Goldfish and a Lucky Charms cereal bar. I raised my eyebrows at her.
"Healthy." I joked.
  She looked at me and smiled.
  "Extremely." She replied.

-------------------------------------------------------

I picked my phone up to text Eli back.
Eli: You seem popular.
Me: Because I'm new at school.
Eli: No, it's because you're with me 😂
Me: In your dreams, Hudson 😂
Eli: You know you want this
Me: Jesus Eli 😂 What is wrong with you?
Eli: I didn't know there was anything 😂
Me: Goodnight 😂 I'll text you tomorrow
Eli: Goodnight

-------------------------------------------------------

I got up and got ready. I waited until 7:50 for Noah to text me saying he was leaving. Audrey was sick and stayed home. It was just Noah and me in the car.
"Ok, I have to address this. What is with you and Eli?" He began. "There is serious chemistry there."
This caught me off guard. What did he mean?
"What?" I asked.
"You know what I mean. You and Eli have serious chemistry."
"I'm sorry Noah. You're delusional."
"No, you're just not admitting it."
"Whatever. Take me to school."
He drove to school and I got out as soon as we parked. I began walking towards the school.
"You can't hide your feelings forever!" Noah yelled.
I turned around.
"I can if there are no feelings!" I yelled back.
I turned around towards the school again and walked inside to my locker. I put my bag in there and took out my binder. I walked around looking for Noah. I found the group at the same table. Noah kept looking at me. I texted him.
  Me: THERE IS NOTHING BETWEEN ELI AND I NOAH! LET IT DIE!
  Noah: Not until you admit it's true.
  Me: Well, it's not. Sorry.
  Noah: Whatever you say, Anna.
  I rolled my eyes. The bell rang and I stood up to leave. Eli grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him while everybody left for class.
  "What are you doing, Eli?" I asked.
  "I saw what you were texting Noah." He said.
  "You were reading my text messages?"
  "Yes." He began. "What do you mean there is nothing between us? I thought you liked me."
  "I do."
  "That's not what you told Noah."
  "Noah doesn't need to know all of my business. He's my friend, not my brother."
  Eli pulled me closer to his chest.
  "I know you want something between us."
  I pulled away.
  "I have to go to class. You should, too." I said, walking towards the school.
  What the hell did Eli just do? I still couldn't really process it. He was a weird guy. I liked it though. I walked quickly to my class because if I didn't hurry, I was going to be late.
  I sat in my seat right before the bell rang. I was extremely lucky. Being late on the second day isn't the best impression, but they couldn't blame me. I was new.
  I couldn't get Eli off of my mind. The way he pulled me close to him. The way he talked. Everything that just happened rushed through my head. What did he mean? He was just as bad as Noah was. I didn't know if I had feelings for Eli. I only just met him.
The bell rang snapping me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my stuff and left the classroom. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the dirty mirror. Somebody walked in. I turned around to see who it was. It was Emma.
"Hey, Anna. Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking." I replied.
"Oh. Cool. What's your next class?"
"History."
"That's my favorite class. You should get going. See you at lunch."
"Oh, yeah. Bye."
I walked out of the bathroom to my History class. Eli was in this class. I sat next to him, yesterday, but now I was wondering if I should. I decided I should because I didn't want him to think I was mad at him or anything. He liked over at me but I didn't look back.
  The class went by so slow. I didn't really pay attention. When the bell rang, it scared me because I was half asleep. I grabbed my stuff quickly and left to my Algebra class. I also happened to have this class with Eli. I also chose to sit by him yesterday.
"You can't seem to look at me, Anna. Is it because of this morning? Because I'm sorry if it is." Eli said.
"No, it's fine." I replied.
He looked at the wall and I looked down at my book. This class went by fast because Algebra was easy for me. I went to my locker and put my binder away and went outside. It was lunch and I wasn't hungry.
Noah was the first one to show up. He gave me a look only Noah could achieve. I glared at him.
"There is nothing between Eli and I. You need to quit thinking that." I exclaimed.
"Really? Because this morning didn't look like anything. You two seemed fairly close together." He stated.
I rolled my eyes. I had no idea what got this idea in Noah's head. I didn't know how to get the idea out either.
Emma showed up and sat next to Noah. I got quiet and let Noah and Emma talk.

I saw Eli walking up and smiled, slightly, to myself.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days! I just started school today and the last couple days I've been getting ready to leave for California. I hope you guys like this! I like the scene between Eli and Anna. It gives me life! 😂 Anyways, I won't be able to update as often but I promise, I will!!!!!

Comment
Vote
Fan
-Brayton🌬☪️