Chapter Seven

-Eli's POV-
I walked inside my house. My mom was sitting on the couch. She looked over at me.
"Hey, honey. Where were you?" She asked.
"At Anna's house." I responded.
She looked at me with a confused look.
"Anna's house?" She asked.
"Yeah. She's the new girl in town." I told her.
"Oh." She began. "I thought you were going to hang out with Emma again."
I opened up a cabinet and looked around for something to eat. Like usual, we had nothing. I shut the cabinet and walked to my bedroom, walking past Kieran's old room. That door hadn't been opened since Kieran got convicted of 1st-degree murder.
I always got chills walking past that door. He disgusted me. He hurt so many people. He lied to Emma. He killed Jake, Will, Riley, Zoe, Brooke's dad, Sheriff Hudson, and so many other people. It made me sick.
I opened the door to my bedroom and walked in. My room was a mess. I never cleaned it unless I had to. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Anna's face kept flashing in my mind. I liked her so much. I always thought it would be Emma that I ended up with. Now, I had different thoughts. Anna was so amazing. She was so beautiful.
I couldn't get her out of my head. I closed my eyes. She was all I could see. I rolled to my right side and fell asleep.
-------------------The Next Day------------------
My mom was gone when I woke up. I got ready for the day and then left to go get food, considering we had none in the house. I stopped at the grocery store and got some snacks and went back home.
  I brought the bags of food to my bedroom and put them on the bed. I knew my mom wouldn't want any of the stuff I got. Today I had work at 11:00 and it was already 9:30. I decided to change into work clothes and wait. It takes 30 minutes to get there and I still had an hour.
  I ate some food and then sat on the couch. I didn't know what to do. I decided to text Emma.
(Em:Emma,E:Eli)
E: Hey Emma. When do you come into work?
Em:3:30. Why?
E: I was just wondering. I go in at 11.
Em: Oh geez. That's early for you, isn't it?
E: Yeah. I normally go in at your time.
Em: That's what I thought.
  I didn't text her back. I grabbed my car keys and left early for work. I got there at 10:50. I used the 10 minutes to restock before my shift started. At 11:00, I clocked in. I worked until 3:30. When Emma got here, I left.
  Halfway through my shift, Anna showed up. I smiled to myself.
  "Hey, stranger. What can I get you?" I asked.
  She thought for a minute.
  "Can I get a Vanilla bean frappuccino, please?" She asked.
  "Yes, you can. It'll be a few minutes." I replied.
  She nodded and went to sit down. I began to make her frappuccino when I realized I didn't ask if she wanted any syrup. I turned back around to her.
  "Hey Anna, do you want any syrup?" I asked.
  "Um." She began. "Caramel, please." She said.
  "Ok."
  I turned back around to making her frappuccino. When it was done, I added the caramel and whipped cream. I turned to the counter. Anna got up and grabbed the frappuccino and paid me.
  "Thanks, Hudson." She said.
  "You're welcome, Jackson." I replied.
  "I didn't know you worked here." She mumbled, sipping her drink.
  "Yeah, my schedule isn't very consistent. I get called in when someone calls in sick or something." I told her.
  "Oh. So you're like a fill-in." She said.
  "Basically." I said.
  "This is really good." She began. "You can make a damn good frappuccino."
  "Thank you."
  She finished off her drink and handed me the cup.
  "When do you get off?" She asked.
  "At 3:30." I answered.
  "You wanna go see the movie Oujia: Origins of Evil?" She inquired.
  "Sure." I replied.
  "Alright. Text me when you get off." She said, turning to leave.
  "Ok. See you then."
  Anna walked out and I watched her leave. I quickly got back to work and took as many orders and did as many things as I could to make the time go faster. I checked the time later and it was 3:10. I had 20 minutes left on my shift. I checked my phone and did a few more things and then I saw Emma walk in.
  "About time." I joked.
  She rolled her eyes.
  "Why are you in a hurry?" Emma questioned.
  "I'm going to see a movie with Anna." I said.
  Emma cocked an eyebrow.
  "You're spending an awful lot of time with her. Why?" Emma inquired.
  "She's new. I remember when I was new and everyone kind of let me struggle to figure things out." I told Emma.
  "Sure." Emma mumbled, dragging out the last part.
  I rolled my eyes.
  "I don't like her, Duval. If that's what you're inferring." I informed her.
"Whatever you say, Eli." She mumbled.
I clocked out and grabbed my stuff to leave. I got in my car and called Anna. She picked up on the 3rd ring.
  "Hey. You're off work, I suppose." She said.
  "Yes. When do you wanna go?" I asked.
  "I was thinking 5:15." She told me.
  "That sounds good. I'll pick you up at 4:50?"
  "Yep, that works. See ya!"
  "Bye."
  I put my phone in the passenger seat and drove home. I pulled into my driveway and got out. I grabbed my stuff and went inside. My mom still wasn't home. I didn't really care. I went to my room and set my keys, phone, and work apron on my bed. I walked to the bathroom to shower.
-------------------An hour later------------------
  It was 4:30 and I was ready. I thought about leaving then but I told Anna 4:50, so I waited. I was wearing a black and white plaid shirt with a light blue undershirt and a pair of blue jeans and my black Vans.

  I looked pretty stellar, in my opinion.

Alright, my dudes, this chapter is super short compared to the other ones. I hope you like it though! The picture up there ⬆️ is the shirt(s) Eli is wearing. I couldn't remember what else he wore in that outfit so I made it up. Whoops.

Comment
Vote
Fan
-Brayton😍💋