11. | [dancing]

I turned on the instrumental music on my phone, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I was dressed in black, I had a cap on my head and a mask on my face. My long orange hair was tied in a ponytail and I was prepared to start dancing. The only difference from other times was that now I was alone, the crowded street seemed a lot scarier than it usually was and I was ready to find my love for music again.

People always said it was joyful to watch the smile I had on my face when I sang and danced. Then my idol mother committed suicide because she cracked under the pressure of the tough entertainment industry and I began to hate music. For the first couple of months I couldn't even listen to people singing. The sound of music brought back too much painful memories. I didn't think that I'll ever be able to sing or dance again without crying, but then I met Seo-Yoon and her passion lit up an old flame in my heart.

My mum always wrote in her letters how music was something special that brought people together, made them feel like they weren't alone and there was somebody that understood. With her it was the exact opposite because my father and I were alone in the countryside while she was singing on big stages around South Korea and pushing her over her limit with each performance. Music had a dark side and for now it was the only thing that I know how to express.

I opened my mouth, placed myself in to a dancing position and started singing.

At the end of my performance I struggled to hold myself on my legs. I leaned against my knees and started catching my breath and I was almost surprised when I heard clapping and cheering. My lips raised in a wide smile when I quickly bowed at the crowd and my heart was still racing in my chest. I could not believe I managed to dance like this on my own and I was feeling extremely proud of myself when I was counting all the money that people gave me.

'' Hey! It's you! ''

Oh no, not again.

I cringed, grabbed the end of my black cap and pulled it further down on my forehead at the sound of Baekhyun's voice. He stopped in front of me and his eyes were full of excitement when he started telling me about how much he liked my performance and that I had some real talent for music. I tried to get away, but he quickly grabbed my arm and grinned. '' Don't try to run away again! I really want to talk to someone like you who clearly likes music! ''

I was about to push him away and start running when we suddenly heard screaming.

'' Baekhyun from EXO is somewhere around here! ''

Girls started shrieking, while Baekhyun frowned and mumbled: '' I am going to get in to so much trouble if the manager finds out I snuck out of the dorms again and went on a walk around Hongdae. ''

I was going to get in to trouble too, but I wasn't thinking about myself when I grabbed his wrist, pulled him behind me and took off running. I knew these streets very well from all the dance battles I participated around here, so I knew exactly where I was going. He was running after me when I dragged him in to a street full of shops before I jumped on some stacked red boxes of empty coca cola bottles that were blocking a tiny alleyway. We landed on the ground on the other side of it and I quickly started running again.

A few people turned their heads with surprise and I was looking around with wide eyes before I finally pulled Baekhyun towards one of the many tall buildings with shops, bars and clubs on different floors of it. He hesitated for a moment when we reached the top of the stairs and I climbed over a fence that was blocking the way, then he did the same, stumbled for a few steps and dropped down on one of the old chairs that were the closest to him. I held back a laugh when one of it's plastic legs broke and he fell straight on the ground, while he only closed his eyes and gave himself a few moments to catch his breath again.