13. | [award show]

I was hanging up the laundry and singing. The strong sun shining on the sky was starting to make me feel dizzy and my arms hurt. I didn't get any sleep last night and now I could barely hold myself on my feet. Going to a dance battle alone was a really bad idea.

After my raise I didn't think I was going to have to worry about them anymore, but then I had to pay for some reparations in my apartment and the extra money that I had was instantly gone. Seo-Yoon was a trainee now, Hye-Ri was recovering from her leg injury at home and Byeol passed an audition and managed to get a scholarship for a performing arts academy and I was completely terrified to dance without them, but I had no other choice. I won, but only by little and I got beaten up to the point I thought I was going to faint or die. Somehow I managed to run away with the money, but I didn't miss the screams and threats behind me.

'' Watch your back! We will come after you! ''

I blinked and shook my head to chase those thoughts from my mind. I just managed to get the stitches out of my neck and now I looked like I got ran over by a car, so I wasn't surprised when Baekhyun almost screamed when he showed up on the balcony I was on and saw my face. I ignored him and continued hanging laundry in silence, while he frowned and grabbed my shoulder. His eyes widened with surprise when he saw me wince in pain, then he clenched his fingers in to fists. '' What happened to you, ginger demon? ''

I scowled and glanced at him from the side. '' Go away, I am mad at you. ''

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. '' What did I do now? ''

'' Tch. I saw the cleaning choreography with mops that you and the others on your last concert. I take personal offence in that and I am so done with your shit, '' I mumbled and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

'' You saw that? '' he asked and nervously smiled before he quickly got serious again. '' Don't try to distract me. Tell me what happened to you. ''

I sighed and turned at him. He already knew too much for my liking and I had no idea why he was getting so worked up over this. '' Honestly, Bacon, let me ask you something. Why do you even care? Does it matter what happened to me if I still clean your toilet, wash you bed sheets and pretend I don't know about the embarrassing porn collection under your bed? The last one kind of surprised me honestly, because I didn't know you had a thing for that, but it's besides the point right now. ''

My face was serious and he looked like he couldn't find the right words to say when he mumbled: '' I care. You are the best person to argue with. Who am I going to annoy if you disappear? ''

I picked up another t-shirt and hung it up on the strings for the laundry. '' I am not going to disappear, idiot. I am just dealing with some things in my private life. If you really do care then buy me something that isn't cup ramen or cheap store bought sushi. ''

He leaned against the railing of the balcony and smiled at me while I worked. '' Will you be watching the award show tonight? ''

Oh, so that was the reason why so many idols were having nervous breakdowns this morning.

I didn't understand what exactly the girl who was choking Min-Ho earlier was talking about. Now that I thought of it, where was Min-Ho anyway? I didn't see him ever since he went to check out a clogged sink in one of the dorms and I really hoped that some girls didn't kill him. Byeol had his first date with him tonight and I knew she would be angry at me if she would find out that I didn't look out for him until the evening. That was when he would be gone anyway, because if she would end up liking him, she would quickly carve her name in to his heart and never let him go again.

I yawned and asked: '' Should I watch? Are you going to get surprised by special effects and fall of stage again? ''

He scowled and rolled his eyes. '' You are never going to let that one go, are you? Yes, you should watch. Maybe we will get an award. ''