epilogue | [vacation with exo]

3 months later...

The late summer sun was shining on the sky, there was a conical hat on my head and I was carrying a wooden box full of apples down the main street of the village I grew up in. I managed to get a week of vacation from work, come home for my cousin Chun-ja's birthday and to see how the farm was doing now that my father wasn't here anymore. She took over everything and she was doing an amazing job at managing the work on the rice fields. My palms were already full of blisters from the things she told me to do, but now I was about to complete my last job for the day.

There was a sunburn on my nose from when I fell asleep outside in the grass at noon and I was thinking about how I was going to have to find a new hiding place from Chun-ja when I suddenly stopped.

Wait, did I just see Sehun taking selfies in front of a tractor?

I slowly turned my head and looked in his direction. My eyes widened with shock when he grinned and waved in my direction. I dropped the box on the ground and groaned in pain when one of the apples landed on my foot.

I was sure I must be going insane because now that I looked around better I didn't see just Sehun. Chen, Yixing and Suho were squatted by the road and observing some poisonous berries and clearly wondering if they could eat them. Chanyeol was having an arm wrestling fight with one of the farmers. Kai was dancing to the music being played from a gramophone and smiling at the young girl that was watching him through the window. Kyungsoo was talking to three old ladies who were pinching his cheeks and saying something about how adorable he was. There was also Xiumin, trying to climb on a peach tree and looking like a squirrel in it's natural habitat.

'' Save me, Jagi! ''

I stood there with a serious expression on my face when Baekhyun ran past me, screaming like mad because of the groups of angry chickens that were chasing him.

I still wasn't sure if they were actually there until Sehun stopped next to me, pointed at Baekhyun and shook his head. '' Is he always this embarrassing? Why are you even with him? ''

'' W-What are you doing here? ''

He crossed his arms and sighed. '' S.M. Entertainment let us go on vacation for three days. We wanted to go to Baekhyun's grandmother's house, but he said he had a better idea, so here we are. ''

The idols ended up really liking the small village. There were no paparazzi and screaming fangirls and they were able to get some rest between their concerts and promotions. I found it funny to watch them struggle with having no connection on their phones, fighting random farm animals and falling from the back of wooden wagons pulled by tractors. I was still really happy because I remembered how father wished I would bring Baekhyun to the village one day and even personally invited him.

It was their last night there when the two of us were watching the stars on one of the endless green fields. I was laying on the grass next to Baekhyun and looking at the sky, while he was telling me about how his doctors said his depression was slowly starting to get better. '' They suggested I take a little brake from the big city, so here I am. I am sorry that I came without warning you and even when you were on your vacation, but I am happy that I did. You look so beautiful among the wildflowers. ''

I was thinking about the past three months that we spent together. Our relationship was always like a roller coaster. We had two very contrasting personalities and we were always either screaming at each other or kissing passionately. 

Baekhyun's reflection smiling at me when he was dancing and I was cleaning the practice room. Me working too much, falling asleep in the dorms's reception room and waking up with him sleeping by my side and my head resting on his shoulder. His cute little texts. His less cute texts asking me to help him get the courage to go on stage that night. The first time I met some of his fans who liked me and asked me to take care of him and treat him well. Our silly little dates. His jealousy. Him buying me flowers. Me watching every one of his concerts and cheering for him when he sang on the screen. Sitting next to him on the bathroom floor for hours, holding his hands and wiping his tears. His pills and my vitamins in the medicine cabinet. His toothbrush, t-shirts, papers full of music notes and favorite stuffed animal at my apartment.  Him telling me that he loved me countless times a day. Me taking care of him when he was overworking himself again. The sound of his happy laughter. Falling asleep next to each other every night. 

All of that was just a speck of our relationship. 

I looked at him with a smile and kissed him. I was about to get up from the ground when he grabbed me and pulled me back to him. A giggle came out of my mouth when he kissed me again. My heart still skipped a beat every single time he did that. 

'' I love you, Jagiya. ''

'' And I love you, but you already know that. ''

He was still sitting down when I got on my feet and outstretched my arms. The night air made my long orange hair raise in the air behind me and nearly blew the conical hat of my head. My black eyes were shining and I could feel him watching me. '' We should get back, Bacon. You don't want to get eaten by bears or wolves, do you? ''

He winced and blurted out: '' What?! Hey, wait for me! ''

I laughed when I ran down the long green field and he chased behind me.

We were Bacon and Ginger demon. He was an idol and I was a cleaning lady. He was going to kill himself on the night we met and I was trying to find my love for music again. We were both lost in our lives and not even close to a perfect match.

I always said I hated idols, but somewhere on the way the girl who snorted when she laughed fell in love with the boy with the smile in the shape of a rectangle.