Chapter 1

Chapter 1

(Stav Strashko, my idea of who Thomas looks like.)

Sammy

"Your little admirer is watching you again." Kyle whispered in my ear and he leaned over and pretended to grab something from the center of the table. We were sitting in the middle of the University's café courtyard. We were at our usual agreed upon meeting spot and we had settled to eat our lunch and study after classes.

Rolling my eyes, I just ignored Kyle's foolishness and returned my attention back to my psychology book and pretended that I didn't hear what he'd said. For three weeks now he'd been going on and on about some pixie like little blonde girl watching me all over campus like she was a deranged stalker. Every time I looked to the spot where he indicated, there was no one there or there wasn't anyone looking our way. But as usual, the drama queen kept it up and wouldn't shut up about it.

I tried my best not to let the exasperated sigh escape my throat when he scooted closer and elbowed me in my side.

"Sammy, I'm not playing, just turn your head towards the left and you'll see her. No, no, no... Don't make it obvious." He chirped when I turned my head quickly to the side and to my surprise.

My eyes collided with a pair of big, shocked blue eyes. The girl jumped like someone had startled her and she quickly turned away before she disappeared around the side of the building and into the mass crowd of students shuffling either to class or to lunch.

"See, I told you. Now do you believe me?" Kyle slapped my arm with a hint of smugness to his voice. He was ecstatic to be proven right after weeks of me telling him he was off his rocker.

"Huh, I guess you were right, but it still doesn't change anything. I have no idea who that girl is, and I'm not interested. I don't swing that way, and I have my Master." I pointed out as I shrugged my shoulders and attempted to get back to the chapter in my textbook.

"Oh come on, Sammy. Aren't you at least a little bit curious as to why she's been stalking you for weeks now?" Kyle bounced in his seat like a hyperactive little puppy.

I slammed my book closed and shoved it into my backpack. "Okay, there is only one way to put this nonsense to rest and get you to shut the hell up about. I have a quiz at the end of the week and you are making it impossible for me to study. So come on, let's see if we can find the girl and find out why she is so interested in what I'm doing."

The next thing I knew, Kyle released an ear splitting squeal, jumped up from the table, grabbed me by the wrist and we were off. He dragged me across the courtyard, shoving people out of our way and I had no choice but to keep up with him, or else I was sure that even if I lost my footing he would have continued to haul me off into the direction the slender girl was last headed.

****

Thomas

My heart was pounding away a mile a minute in my chest as I skidded to a stop in the hallway in front of the art building. For the millionth time I cursed my ineptitude to just work up the nerve to go over to them and ask that guy Sammy about the rumors behind the stunning piece of jewelry he was wearing around his neck. I'd just realized a couple days ago when the weather had gotten warmer and people started shedding the outer layers of clothes that his best friend wore and equally stunning necklace around his neck as well.

The rumors I've heard from listening to some of the other students around campus is that those necklaces the guys are wearing are more than just pretty decorations. They are actually collars. They represented the fact that both of those stunning boys belong to someone in the BDSM community. Ever since that photo shoot I'd assisted my mentor with, I've been burning with curiosity about the lifestyle.