Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(Patrick's Bedroom)

Callum

** A/N- My muse made this chapter too long, so I have to break it up into two chapters, Chapter 7 will be posted later on tonight or tomorrow morning and then this book is finished. I may write an Epilogue later on, but for now. The Subs will come to end with the next chappie. I am not sure if there will be a Sub 5 & 6, again we will see, xoxo Dianna**

A sense of nostalgia swamped me when I took one last look around my now empty apartment. I've made the decision to move into my new Daddy's home. It was a decision I didn't take lightly. I'd spent years working, sacrificing everything except the expenses for my basic needs, and saving every penny I had to get this apartment.

Back then, I'd sworn I'd never allow myself dependent on anyone other than myself ever again. The best part about it is, my new Daddy understood my very serious concerns about keeping my financial independence. He fully understood why it was so important to me. It's a deal breaker so to speak.

So, when Patrick had approached me with idea of taking me to see his financial planner, I agreed. He'd taken me to his corporate offices, a stunning high rise downtown made of steel and glass. I later found out that he's designed the spectacular building, and his company built it.

Daddy had introduced me to his employees and his Personal Assistant, whom he'd instructed to make herself available if ever I need her assistance with anything in the future. He'd introduced her as Millicent, and she was just as sweet as she could be, if not a little scary when she'd said I as the prettiest thing she ever did see and has proceeded to mother me to death ever since.

His accountant, his attorney, and Daddy's financial advisors had been waiting in his office for his arrival. I had to admit, when Patrick told me he was in the construction business, for some reason I'd pictured him in jeans, flannel shirts, a hard hat with a heavy tool belt strapped around his thick waist. The actual sight of him wearing a custom fitted suit that probably cost more than my car, and comfortably sitting behind the massive desk in an office towering high above the city with a breathtaking view to match was a bit of a surprise.

Patrick's company not only built office buildings, schools, homes as well as taking on citywide projects. He designed state of the art, eco-friendly buildings, as well as reconstructing historical buildings around this city or wherever he's been commissioned to work his magic, even overseas. He owned one of the most sought-after design and architectural conglomerates in the business. A real estate mogul in his own right, the man's net worth is in the billions. But none of that changed how I viewed the man, well if I'm honest, maybe just a little bit.

The humble way in which he lived and talked about his job made him so down to earth and approachable. He lived simply, in a redesigned building he owned housing for large condominiums. His heart was open and full of appreciation for the smallest things.

Daddy wasn't pretentious or full of himself. Over the past weeks of living with him, he's put everyone in his inner circle first. He's always placed my needs before his, and he made sure I was happy and content before he looked after himself, and that right there was the deciding factor for me.

Meeting with his people, I was floored when his attorney had explained in detail not only my finances and what I've managed to save over the years, they also explained the trust that Patrick has set aside for me. The stocks he's gifted me in his business, and the iron clad will and healthcare surrogate documents he has in place naming me as his life partner. I'd started to protest his generosity because, if I chose to walk away from Patrick anytime in the near future, I'll be doing so as a multi-millionaire still holding with shares in his company.