🚓11🚓

Alia

Knocking on the house door, I was practically bouncing with joy. Glancing up at my dad he looked down at me with a large smile. Holding the duffel bag in my hand, seeing as Hailey wanted me to stay the night so I didn't have to stay in the apartment.

"Thanks for letting me stay with Hailey" I said loud enough for my dad to hear. My voice full of sincerity, I love my dad but the idea of being in our apartment brought a small amount anxiety.

Bring an arm around my shoulder he pulled me closer to his muscular frame, protection and love surrounding me. A small kiss was placed on the top of my head before he ruffled my hair with his hand. "Anything for you kiddo".

Watching the door open, the blonde woman stood there with a large smile on her face. Her eyes lit with happiness. "You ready for a movie marathon". Nodding eagerly, i turned towards my dad who kissed me cheek.

"Have fun, remember don't be a trouble maker". Giving an agreeing nod, Hailey nudged me into the home. Waving to my dad, I looked around in amazement, you could definitely tell a woman did the decorating.

Placing my stuff down, I noticed my dad talking to Hailey about something. Smiling slyly at the two, I skipped into the kitchen. They may be afraid to admit it but you could definitely see the chemistry between the two adults, especially the small crush forming.

The sound of the door closing and locking, laughter filled the house as Hailey wrapped her arms around me, tickling my sides. "You ready for some fun kid"

"Let's do it". Grabbing the pizza and snacks off the island, we sunk into the couch, I leaning on the older woman. Hitting the play button on the remote, Tangled started to play on the screen, a Disney classic.

Munching away at the food, I started to mouth the words of the songs, the blonde chuckling as I did it. Seemingly impressed that I knew every single word, and what can I say, I have watched it hundreds of time.

Laying my head on her shoulder a loving hand brushed through my hair, the soothing movement made me think about something my mother used to do. I don't remember much about her, but I do know she used to do this same exact thing whenever I needed comfort. Smiling softly, I relaxed even further into the woman's touch.

Watching as she put on another Disney movie, she gazed down at me a loving smile and adoration in her eyes. Laying her head on top of mine I snuggled deeper into her her warmth of comfort. She brought me a sense of home. The woman may not be my biological mother but she is someone I know I can rely on.

Playing with my hair as we watched the movie, the bond between the two of us started to grow stronger. After a few movies, I fell asleep on Hailey's shoulder, exhaustion taking over me. As for the blonde woman, she placed a blanket over us, holding me close to her as she fell into her own sleep.

-----------

Walking down the stairs of the house, dressed in something a little more appropriate for going out, I grinned at the blonde. "So what's the game plan today"

"Today you are going to be treated like royalty". With a bright smile we left the house. Amusing stories and laughter filled the car as she drove around Chicago, most of it being her telling me some of her funniest memories.

Stopping outside of a small storefront, I noticed it was a nail salon. Turning towards the blonde, about to tell her that I didn't want to waste her money, but she already wrapped an arm around my shoulder, bringing me inside the salon. "This day is all about you and I am going to make you feel like a queen because that is what you deserve"

Giving in to the detectives wishes, I stuck by her side with a look of admiration in my eyes. She was a role model to me, someone who I look up to. Hailey held this strong and confident persona which made me feel just like that.

Throughout the day Hailey did what she said she would. I felt like royalty, I felt special. I got my nails done, she bought me clothes which I tried to protest against, I even got my haircut which technically was needed.

"You know you didn't have to do all this Hails. I was ok with just watching movies". Chuckling softly at me she pulled me into a huge, one I willingly relaxed into.

"I wanted to do something special, besides I got to spend time with my number one girl". Walking down the street together and towards her car. Telling her about something that happened at school, or more specifically what Connor tried to do, the blonde shook her head laughing.

Arriving in front of her house, she opened the door just in time for my dad to pull up out front. Grabbing my bag from inside, I wrapped my arms around Hailey who instinctively wrapped her own around me. "Thanks Hailey"

"Anytime Alia".

Jogging down the steps, I was pulled into my fathers embrace. A small laugh being let out as he tickled my sides. "Hopefully you two weren't trouble makers".

Sending a look of feign hurt, I turned towards the blonde who was leaning on the door frame. "Can you believe this. He thinks we are trouble makers"

Chuckling softly, she shook her head. "We all know your father is the trouble maker". Climbing into the truck allowing the two adults to have their "alone" time, I shut the door throwing my bag into the back seat.

Watching their interaction, the two smiled brightly at one another, just proving me right. A small crush was forming and both were afraid to admit it, but I can't really blame them. I mean I would be scared to tell my crush I liked him, if I had one.

As dad slid into the truck, I waved at Hailey one last time before he drove away. Glancing at my dad, he radiated happiness. "So when are you going to ask out Hailey".

Absolutely shocked that those words passed through my lips, a stunned expression filled his features. "What..How..." as he stammered on his words, I smirked.

"I may be 14, but I'm not blind. I can see the way you two look at each other. If that isn't something more than friends I don't know what is"

"And what do you know about love kiddo". Raising his eyebrow at me, I shrugged at the man.

"I watch a lot of shows. The main characters have the same love eyes you send Hailey.". Not able to fight back against that statement he sighed before nodding slowly.

"You definitely are my kid. Stubborn, and observant". Letting out a small laugh, I leaned back into the seat, chatting away with the man as he drove us home.

Pictures

So I have decided to have Alia's mother figure be Hailey

So I have decided to have Alia's mother figure be Hailey. I know many have mixed emotions about the blonde but I personally love her.

I was a full on Linstead fan but as the seasons progressed, and the bond between Hailey and Jay started to grow, I fell in love with two of them a little bit more. Turning me into a Upstead fan.