🚓16🚓

Alia

The ride to the precinct was silent but peaceful, a feeling that Connor, Drake and I relished in. Ruzek knew that we wouldn't really want to talk, or how to really process everything. So in turn the older man let the music of his jeep play softly in the background to ease back from what just happened. Finding ourselves in front of the precinct, I felt tears start to fill me eyes at the thought of seeing Hailey, or even my dad if someone informed of what was happening.

Guiding us into the precinct, Ruzek helped us bypass everyone and into the bullpen where we wouldn't have random people staring at our exhausted and terrified appearances. A small smile appeared on my face as Drake and Connor ran towards Jacob, who held a look of relief that the two boys who are practically his sons were safe in his arms. Making my way over myself, I smiled softly into the man's embrace. "I'm glad you are alright".

For a few minutes a soft discussion fell over us as we waited for the rest of Intelligence to come back, only the second they did I found myself in Hailey's arms, her motherly aura sending a calming feeling through me. The woman cupped my cheeks to look me in the eyes, so much love in her eyes as she wiped the few stray tears that laid on my cheeks. "Hey sweet girl"

Laying my head on her shoulder, I did my best to restrain the tears that wanted to spill out. "I was so scared, didn't know what to do.." but a soft shh calmed my rambling. Pulling away from her, she held onto my hands with a determined look in her eyes.

"It's ok to be scared, Alia, I was scared at the thought of you, Connor and Drake in danger. You got out, you are safe. That man is going away, Hank and Platt are processing him as we speak with his trial being moved to a priority hearing."

Blinking my eyes a few times to stop the tears, it didn't do much the second I made eye contact with my dad. Something about parents when in a stressful situation will cause all emotions to pour through like a snap of a finger. Everything I tried so hard to bottle up came crashing down as I sprinted over to him, my sobs echoing the room as buried my head into his neck. The older man didn't even hesitate for one second to wrap his arm around me protectively, pulling me closer to him as is he was afraid of losing me in the next few minutes. I clung onto him with ever fiber of my being not wanting to be away from him. A sense of protection, security, safety and love washed over me in seconds of seeing him, but all of those emotions increased the longer I was in his arms.

"It's alright kiddo, I'm right here."

Tightening the grip I had, I still felt my body shake in terror at everything, my voice soft and shaky. "Please don't leave me"

At the prospects of those words, his own hold tightened as a kiss was placed upon my forehead to calm me down, to show me that he wasn't going anywhere. "Never Alia, I'm not going anywhere."

That statement couldn't have been more true, after we left the station that night once Voight told my dad about the entire situation and how I figured out something was up, I didn't want to be alone. I didn't want to deal with the memories, the nightmares so I found myself on my dad's bed with myself cuddled into his side. I felt bad that he was probably in pain after being shot, but he didn't seem to care as he wrapped his one good arm around me.

----

The former soldier didn't seem to care if he was in pain, his first instinct was to protect his daughter. He didn't understand what was going on as he entered the precinct with Will, he saw Sergeant Trudy Platt with a furious look on her face as she spoke into the phone with such venom it made the Halstead man shiver in intimidation. Only he knew something bad had happened when he saw Drake and Connor with a far off look on their faces as they talked to Voight, and the distraught and teary eyed appearance of Alia holding onto Hailey like a lifeline. Ruzek, Atwater and Burgess stood towards the side with protective stances compared their usual relaxed ones.

He knew something was wrong the second his little girl came rushing over to him and held onto him like he would disappear in seconds. Jay Halstead loved his daughter more than life itself and to see her in such a broken down, and fearful state caused the protectiveness inside him rise in an instant. There weren't many things that angered the man, or caused him to see rage but he has seen it only a few times in his life and they all involved his daughter being in danger. Like after finding out she was attacked by Mason at school or tried to assault her in the apartment, he saw red and wanted more than anything to get his hands on the boy. This time seeing his daughter in a more distressed state was nothing he has ever felt.

Jay was grateful to Intelligence for getting her to safety, for getting Connor and Drake back to Jacob. At first he was confused on why Alia didn't tell him about anything but soon realized his own daughter didn't want him to worry, that thought making his guilt grow for not being there.

----

Over the next couple days, it was a rough time. I had an overwhelming amount of anxiety and paranoia causing me to look over my shoulder every couple seconds. The nightmares either keeping me awake all night or they force me awake with screams and tears. My dad took it all with stride not even bothered an ounce about anything.

Finding myself cuddled into his side on the couch, his arm held me protectively as he told me some of his favorite and memorable moments from Intelligence to even some meaningful knowledge. "You know it's ok to have nightmares, to be scared"

Glancing up at his face I could see he was already looking at me, softness in his eyes. "Do you get them too?". My voice was soft and curious at the notion, I knew my father had seen some brutal and traumatizing things from the Army Rangers and probably something from Intelligence, only I couldn't imagine him being scared. Not after all the things that have been happening, it took it all so easily.

A gentle kiss was placed on my forehead before he leaned his head against mine. "Sometimes, but I want you to know that I will always be here Alia. It doesn't matter if you get spooked by a noise or you have a terrifying nightmare. I will chase away the villain's and tickle you mercilessly to ease the fear kiddo"

And he kept his word.

Author Note:

So I decided to end this plot line here with a cute moment between Jay and Alia. The poor girl has been through the ringer, and I know it doesn't seem like much but it is traumatizing experience. I mean imagine hearing someone break into your house and knowing they will kill you if they see you, I would be freaking paranoid and have nightmares too. Connor and Drake are going through a similar thing as Alia but they aren't as traumatized since they didn't see or hear much of it.

I decided to put a few drama free chapters coming up to get a breather from the angst and to set up the next plotline which will entail...spoiler... a injured Alia Halstead plus a crossover between Fire and a little bit of Med. I know what you are thinking, "this girl has been through too much" and that is true but I can't help it. Besides she is a Halstead, they always find themselves in some kind of danger.

I also will be adding more Hailey into the mix, to start getting the family dynamic going and I think in later chapters I might start adding some crushes into the mix for our little Halstead. Hopefully you liked the chapter!

Until Next Time!