chapter 10

Your pov (short)

All I see is black. What's happening, all I remember is seeing Carl's cute face before passing out. Why did I have to go and get sophia, why did I meet new people, why....why did I leave carl.

Carl's pov

It's been at least a day since we came here. Dad convinced hershel to let us stay but we can't go to the barn or be near his family. I was doing chores, or just the clothes. It's about 8 am and I'm helping mom. I hang up one of my shirt "hey carl" I hum in a reply "how do you feel about y/n" I like her but she might not like me back, I finish my shirts and walk over to a tree, I sit facing away from the camp. I felt something in my pocket, I pulled out a necklace, it's y/n's birthstone. (I'm wearing mine, November 10th anyone, we can be birthday buddies :D, I DON'T OWN THE PIC) I look at the birthstone, I sighed and held it tight. "Please stay a live....please" I look up at the sky and let a few tears fall. She is my best friend, ever since I met her she's been my best friend.

Time skip to a week later

It's been a full week and y/n hasn't woken up, we're starting to get worried. We all sat around the fire pit, I looked at the necklace and sighed. It's about noon and we started to make lunch. The screen door opened, thinking it's hershel none of us turned around, but boy was I wrong. The footsteps came closer, we ignored it.

Your pov

I woke up groaning. "Ah well y/n good morning" I turn over and see a old man "where am i" I ask rubbing the sleep form my eyes "on my farm, I have two daughters. Maggie the one with short brown hair, and beth the one with blonde hair. Otis shot a deer, it went through and hit you, rick tells me you pushed his son out of the way. Oh and I'm hershel" I nod sitting up. I groaned and put my feet over the side of the bed "easy now" "I'm ok, I'm a fast healer" hershel nodded and held me up, I looked down and saw I had on Jean shorts and a tank top. I shrug and look around "wait....CARL" I got to run but hershel stops me "don't your gonna rip your stiches" I nod and walk. I opened the door and let it shut quitely, I walk down the steps and walk to the group. The first thing my mind notice was they weren't paying attention. I shrug it off and continued walking, when I got there I sit by carl and smile. "So how's the last year been without me, hell I think but I don't know I think you'd rather have me gone " I break the awkward silence, they all look at me, I smile "wow you look lime you've seen a ghost" I giggled. Carl touched my shoulder then hugged me, he cried into my shoulder "woah, hello carl" I wrap my arms around him and hug him back "I'm sorry......I should have stopped you......I'm sorry" he whispered just enough for only me to hear. I looked at lori she had tears rolling down her cheeks, I looked around and saw daryl sending carl a death glare, I move away but carl hugs me from the side. I looked around "im not gonna die that soon...not yet at least" "you've got some balls y/n" I look at daryl and laugh "Pfft haha. I just ran after her because she was my friend, not only my friend but my family" I sighed and let everyone talk, carl put something in my hand. I looked down and saw his hand on mine, but had soemthing in it. He got up causing my to get up. We walked to a tree a good distance away. "Y/n" carl hugged me full on. I hugged him back "im sorry carl" he loosened his grip and pulled away. He sighed and rubbed his neck "I got you soemthing before you left, it was in one of those cars back at the highway" he put his hand out and opened it, there laid my birthstone in a little holder, with a sliver (or gold, mines silver) necklace chain. I smiled and hugged carl, he caught his balance "I know I'm a Dixon and I'm showing my soft side...but we're family so it's fine" I whispered in his ear.

I pulled away and he helped me put the necklace on, I adjusted it and made it the right length. "Y/N" we looked over and saw hershel calling for me. I sighed and looked at carl "sorry for scaring you guys....I didn't want to worry you....I didn't want to lose the group, I just wanted sophia safe" I kissed his cheek and walked to hershel, when I got on the porch I saw carl looking at me touching his cheek, this goofy he sending me made me giggle then I walked in. Hershel took me into the room is been in since I got shot, hershel took out gauze. I lifted just above where the old one ended, he took it off and rewrapped me. He left and I laid down on the bed, my hands traveled up to my necklace, I looked at it and smiled "thanks carl" I put it down and rolled over on my good side then let sleep take over.