1

WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT! IF YOU ARE YOUNGER, PLEASE STOP READING NOW!

*****************************************
Chapter 1: Winter Break (I hope that you enjoy this book as much as I am just writing it 😊)

A/N: If you would like, you can make banners or covers for this book but, that's only if you would like to. Also, they are a little older in this book. They are in Junior year to be exact. Ok, now let's get on with the story!

I walked down the snow covered streets with sprinkles of snow falling gently on my head. Today was the last day of school before winter break. I only walked to school today since my dad's sick and we're having a substitute teacher in class today. I wouldn't be surprised if I caught a cold myself walking in the very cold streets. I stopped when I heard Sabrina honk her horn at me and I sighed in relief and the cold air made my breath visible. As I walked over to her car I realized both, Peyton and Corey were in the back seats. I took a deep breath before jumping into the passengers seat and flashing Sabrina a small smile. She started the car again and drove along the the street, leaving tire prints of her wheels behind.

"So, Rowan, is your dad getting better or..." Sabrina asked trying to start up a conversation.

"Yeah, I think he'll be completely fine by tomorrow," I assured her.

"Good cause, class isn't interesting without your dad teaching," she admits keeping her eyes focused on the road ahead of her.

I chuckled and turned up the quiet music playing in the background when I heard Same Old Love come on the radio. The boys groaned when Sabrina and me started to sing...actually, more like scream, along to the song.

"I'm so sick of that same old love! That shit it tears me up! I'm so sick of that same old love! My body's had enough. Ohhhhh...that same old love...ohhhhh...that same old love!"

This song was my favorite of them all because it related to a lot with my relationships in life. Basically...I'm so sick of that same old love. With Peyton and my new boyfriend, Colton, he wasn't exactly...kind. He was only nice to me in public. None of them I actually want...the one person I want...is Corey. He gets me, he's always there for me, I need him, he's my exception. But, that could never happen, could it? I mean, I realized that in life there's rarely any happy endings. Being with Corey was my happy ending...which I don't think I'm going to get.

My thoughts were interrupted when Sabrina pulled up into the school parking lot. I unbuckled my seatbelt and fixed my backpack strap on my shoulder before jumping out of the car. As I was walking, Corey caught up to me and playfully bumped into my shoulder. I smiled at him and he smiled back from ear to ear.

"Hi Corey," I say in a chirpy tone.

"Hey Row," he exclaimed back.

"Where's Colton," he asked gulping.

Corey was the only one that knew what was going on between Colton and I because well...he's Corey. I told him to keep quiet because Colton wasn't afraid to hurt anybody. He agreed but, was very concerned about me ever since he found out.

"I don't know, he doesn't tell me what he's doing half of the time," I say quietly looking down at the ground.

To be honest, I knew exactly what he was doing, going out with his friends and hooking up with another girl any other week...only lord knows. Corey threw his arm around my shoulder and I smiled at his comfort. I rested my head on his shoulder and whispered something to him.