Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Flashbacks/dreams

Marinas pov

"Goodnight world. Please don't let me be picked tomorrow" I sighed as I fell on my hard bed and drifted off to sleep.
**dream/flashback**
"And for the boys... Finnick Odair" the girl with cherry red hair said. I stood there frozen looking over at my frightened best friend. Finnick looked over at me giving me a frightened look with some tears appearing in his eyes, as well as mine.
"Come on up" she said again as the boys made a path for finnick. Finnick slowly walking up to the girl every once and a while looking back at me.
"And there we have it! District 4s tributes for the 65th hunger games!" She said and they took to finnick and the girl away. After people were piling out of the square I ran over to where I could go and say goodbye. I ran into finnick a room and attacked him in a hug.
"Marina" finnick said hugging me back
"Please don't die" I said starting to cry. Finnick was my only friend. And well family. My mom and my dad both died in the hunger games and my sister is all I have but she is never home.
"Promise me you'll try your hardest. You are all I have left" I said crying a little bit more into his chest since he was taller than me.
"I- I promise" he said
"I'm going to miss you so much!" I said still not letting go of the hug
"I will too" finnick said
"That's it time to go" the peace keeper said coming into the room grabbing me and pulling me out
"NO! FINNICK! NO!" I yelled as. Got dragged out
"MARINA!" Was all I could hear finnick say before I was thrown out.

I woke up in a cold sweat. That was one of the worst days ever. And now I get to sorta re-live it. Like its a new reaping day but finnick won't be picked. Because he's a mentor. Ugh I need to sleep.

**dream/flashback**

"FINNICK!" I yelled running over and giving my victor a hug
"MARINA!" Finnick yelled meeting me half way
"I'm so proud of you!" I said hugging him still
"I missed you so much! All I could think about in the arena was you" finnick said and I started to ..... Blush?! What the! Why am I blushing?
"I was so scared" I said
"Well I'm here now and I'm o-" finnick started
"FINNICK! Who is this?" Some guy said
"Ohh this is my best friend marina" finnick said
"I'm sorry finnick but you can't see her" he said
"What why?!" Finnick said and I just stood there questioning everything
"President snow said you can't" he said and president snow appeared out of no where
"What! No! She's my best friend!" Finnick defended
"Too bad. Now get her out of here!" The guy yelled again and two peace keepers came to take me away
"NO! DON'T! YOU HEART LESS, SON OF A B-" I yelled but got slapped by a peace keeper
"MARINA!" Finnick yelled trying to come over to me but got stopped by that guy
"FINNICK!" I yelled kicking a peacekeeper where you shouldn't. The peace keepers let go of me and I tried to run over to finnick but got stopped by a mother peace keeper coming over to me and punching and wiping me
"STOP PLEASE!" I heard finnick cry. That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out. That was the last time I ever talked to finnick.

I wroke up screaming this time... Ugh why is this happening to me. Well I'm not going to go back to sleep.
"Might as well go swimming" I said to myself and grabbed the clothes that I swim in and ran out to the ocean. I went out to the island that only me and finnick knew about. When I got there I went to the tallest tree That me and finnick would climb. I went to the top and saw me and finnicks names ingrained into the bark. Remembering when we did that I watched the sun start to rise. It was beautiful. I wish I could just stay up here.... But I can't. I went down the tree and got out my bow and my arrows and started to shoot some targets that me and finnick made. After getting all bulls eyes I went over and grabbed finnicks trident and started to practise with the trident. After a while I got bored so I went back home.

_________

A/n like it?! This story is sorta on the lines on the hunger games if you have not noticed. Who is your favourite character in the hunger games? Mine is finnick :) ok I'm going to go now bye!