Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The reaping

Marinas pov.

I put on a blue flowy dress that goes to my knees and put my hair in a side fish tail. I walk out and follow everyone to the square not talking and all you could hear was footsteps on the gravel and the waves crashing onto the shore. I get my finger pricked and got told to stand in this little squared off space in the front of the crowd with the other girl victors. I looked around and start to get scared. a girl with yellow hair and way to much makeup came on the stage.

"Welcome, welcome. ladies and gentlemen! today we have a special quarter quell.2 victors. 1 boy and 1 girl are going into the games. let's get this started. ladies first." she said walking over to the glass bowl her stiletto heels clicking as she goes. letting her long fingernails claw threw the papers in the bowl she grabs a price of paper and walks to the silver mic her heals clicking the stage once again. everyone is silent to find out who is going. "Marina Calto" she said as it echoed in my head and my heart jumped into my stomach. I'm going into the games. again. and against other victors. Who remembers to fight! I start to walk on stage slowly with the girl holding out her left hand. I grab it with my shaky hand and walk up to the front right beside her. I looked around and see my best friend in his box with a sad and scared look in his face looking at me. I look at him and give him a look that says 'don't worry about me'

"Now for the boys" the girl said walking to the boys bowl and pulling out a paper walking back to the mic.

"Finnick odair" no. this can't be happening. I have to fight my best friend. Only one of us survives. it must be him. he's got more to live for. I look at him and he has a scared and sad look on his face again. he walks up and stands on the other side of the girl.

"Here we have it. the tributes of the 75th hunger games" she said and we left. not saying goodbye or anything. just leaving. We got pushed onto the train and I went to the back of the train.

"Hey" finnick said walking in

"Why" I simply said

"Why what?" he asked sitting in front of me

"Why is this happening. why me?! why now?!" I said getting mad.

"I don't know. by I will do anything I can to make everything ok" he said

"B-but. what if you cant. what if everything won't be ok?" I asked

"We we will figure that out later now won't we?" he said smirking

"How are you so.... happy right now?" I questioned

"I'm not. but i need to look on the bright side of things so the people will sponsor me" he said

"I guess your right" I said

"I'm always right" he said.

"Ya keep telling yourself that" I said and walked to my room and fell asleep on the comfy silk bed.

"Marina! were here wake up!" I heard someone yell

"Shut up" I spat flopping onto my stomach.

"No. up. now" he said poking my cheek.

"Go. away. now." I said

"Didn't think I would have to do this. but you gave me no choice" he said and started to tickle me

"IM UP!" I screamed jumping up and Putin to hands in the air.

"Good now come on." he said grabbing my hand and pulling me out to the crowd of hunger game fans. We walked hand and hand to where we are staying.