Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Capitol

Marinas pov

I heard the door open so I looked over to see finnick standing in the door way
"What do you want" I spat
"Marina" finnick said coming and giving me a hug
" it's ok finnick" I said hugging him back
" I'm sorry that this has to happen" he cried into my shoulder.
"It's ok. It's sorta like my fate. My parents were in the hunger games so I must go in and die" I said still hugging him
"No! You are not going to die! I will make sure of it!" Finnick said staring into my eyes.
"What ever you say finnick" I said and walked back to the bag of chips
"Really marina. I can't let you die. I will hate myself!" He said
"Why would you hate yourself if I die. It's not like you made me get picked" I said
"Ya but I'm your mentor and ill feel like I dint try hard enough. And I could have showed you more ways to survive"he said
"Look finnick. I'll try my best to live but when I die-"
"You won't" finnick interrupted
"Like I was saying IF I die it will be my fault not yours. You taught me all you could and I just couldn't do it all. It won't be your fault. It would be mine." I said
"I-I just don't want you to die. Your my best friend" he said hugging me
"Hey, hey, hey it's ok. I'm ok. We are fine now go to sleep" I said as I felt tears go on my shoulder
"I guess your right." He said
"I'm always right" I said to him.
"Ya sure what ever" he said and walked off. As did I.

** in the morning**

I woke up to my bed moving. Wait why is it moving... And why is it soft? I opened up my eyes a bit more and remembered where I was. I was on the train ride to the Capitol to seek my doom.
"Breakfast is ready" that girl said
"Ohh umm ok thanks" I said and put on some jeans and a green top. I walked into the food cab and took a seat on the couch alone.
"Here" she said again handing me a plate full of eggs, toast and sausages.
"Thanks" I said grabbing it. I ate it in quiet. That was until finnick woke up.
"What's up people!" Finnick yelled
"Shut up finnick" I yelled
"Be quiet you" finnick said sitting beside me on the couch.
"How are you guys so close?" Carson asked
"We are best friends" finnick said
"Oh.... Why?" Carson said
"What do you mean?" I asked
"It's just you are you. And he is him! Your a loser and he is the best person ever" Carson said. Taking me back a bit
"Wait I'm a loser?" I said shocked
"Well ya. You won't even last a minute in the arena. Just look at you. Your stupid, an idiot and have no skills." Carson said
"I do so have skills!" I yelled standing up
"Ya kills of getting your parents in the hunger games and dieing! And making your sister not even want to be with you!" Carson yelled. That was it. I ran to the back of the train and just sat in the front of the window silently crying.
"Hey" I heard someone say. The voice was not familiar. I turned around and saw a girl she had pink hair with a lot of makeup on
"Umm hi" I said
" I over heard what happened and I don't be alive anything he said" she said sitting beside me
" no he was right." I said
"Look don't cry. You have a lot of value" she said hugging me
"Thanks" I said
"I'm Effie by the way" Effie said
"Hi. I'm marina" I said
"I like you" she randomly said
"Umm thanks... I hope you don't mind me asking but why are you here?" I asked
"Well I'm sorta like a intern to candy over there" so candy... That's her name
"Ohh" I said
"Look" Effie said pointing out the window. I looked out at saw the Capitol. It was amazing. Skyscrapers everywhere, happy people eating, happy people playing with there kids and well happy people being happy. It was so different than district 4. Than the image turned black but then 4 seconds later showed happy hunger game fans.
"It's so amazing how happy people are about the hunger games." I said
" I know now come on" Effie said grabbing my hand and dragging me to the front of the train.
"Smile!" Effie said and we stepped out of the train. There was screams everywhere, people trying to touch me and some making bets on me. Most of them saying I wouldn't last 2 minutes into it. And well I sorta believe them. We walk a little bit and them go to this hotel apartment place.
"What's this?" I asked confused
"This is where you are going to stay. Each tribute has there own floor according to your district. Like the tributes from district 8 get the 8th floor and because your from district 4 you get the 4th floor" Effie explained as we piled into the elevator and punched in the number 4.
"Wow" I said stunned as the elevator door opened. The floor was beautiful. On one wall was a huge window overlooking the Capitol, a huge kitchen, a huge to and couch area and everything was gold, silver, crystal or diamond. Or it looked like it.
"I know right. Just wait for the food to come. Now come ill show you your room." Effie said showing me to my room.
"Now get ready dinner is in 10." She said and left. I looked around and was stunned. A huge window on one wall, a big comfy bed, big dressers and bathroom. Everything was amazing. I don't really want to go and touch anything because I feel like in going to break something. After about 2 minutes of just standing there and looking at it all I walked over to the window and saw a remote. I swiped the screen on the remote and the images changed from woods, the Capitol, space and finally at the ocean. I put the remote down and just looked at the window. It was amazing the ocean was a beautiful blue and small waves going east. I was just standing there and instantly felt home sick. I loved the water, finnick would always say that I was part mermaid because I wouldn't get out of the ocean that was in our backyard. I quickly changed the image to the Capitol and went to the dresser and picked out a silk t-shirt and pants and walked out for dinner. I took a seat next to Effie with finnick in front of me, Carson diagonal from me and candy at the end of the table.
"Eat up guys!" Candy said as the food came out. It was amazing all this food for us! No one can eat all that. Then I got mad. How much food do they wast here and don't give to the districts who are starving?! I guess it showed on my face that I was angry because finnick said "what's wrong marina?"
"It's nothing." I said and grabbed some.... Uhhhh chicken? Ya I think that's what it was.
"So guys after this we are going to look at the other tributes and figure out who you want as an allie" finnick said and I just nodded. After we are our fest, Ya it's not a dinner it was a fest, went into the tv room and I took a seat on the couch with finnick sitting on my right and Effie on my left. We watched all the tributes and only 3 got my eye. The girl and guy from district 12 and the girl from district 8.
" I like the girl from district 12,the boy from district 12 and the girl from district 8" I said
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! They are weak" Carson yelled
"I wasn't talking to you Carson" I spat
"I guess it's up to you" finnick said. After we finished Carson said that he wanted all of the careers... Obviously ..... And we went to our rooms and went to sleep.

____________

A/n I had to Effie in this I'm sorry. Bye!