Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Victory tour and announcements

Marinas pov

"DUDE!" I yelled

"What marina!" my best friend asked

"We need to go to the square for the victory tour." I yelled

"Ohh ya come on" he yelled and like everyone else we went to the square to wait for the victors. there we sat waiting for them. finally they came out wearing big black coats and jeans. They read what they had on there q-cards that I'm guessing there mentor or someone like that wrote. I knew they didn't want to read anything that was written. everyone was mad. I looked down at the scarf I was wearing and saw my pin. then I remembered what the girl did when that young girl died. i don't know why, but I couldn't stop myself. I put my 3 fingers on my left hand to my mouth and then in the air. then the girl looked over at me and smiled a little bit. but them it went down hill. a peace keeper came up to me and pulled me by my hair and dragged me on stage were they are.

"What are you doing?!" the boy yelled. I think they said his name was peeta?

"There is a rule of not doing that! and she did it!" The peace keeper yelled and started to slap me on from my right cheek to my left.

"Stop!" The girl yelled. where is my best friend when you need him?! then the guy pulled out a guy and placed it to my head.

"Stop! please!" the girl yelled and a older looking guy with long blond shaggy hair came out trying to drag her out but it wasn't working.

"STOP! PLEASE STOP!" I heard my best friend yell and run over to me blocking the space the peace keeper had from me and the gun.

"Help" I whispered scared

"Do you know who she is?!" he yelled

"Well no" the peace keeper said

"I guess you wouldn't but don't kill her! she doesn't know any better" he yelled but the peace keeper slapped him getting me a chance to get up.

"Do you know who he is?!" I yelled

"Who is he huh?!" the peace keeper spat in my face putting the gun to my head again

"Its... ummm... its...." i stuttered

"Finnick odair. victor of the 65th hunger games at 14 years old. the youngest ever." the older guy with the girl said

"Ohh I'm sorry" the peace keeper said and finnick ran over to me hugging me.

"It's ok" finnick said softly in my ear. I was shaking with fear.

"Finnick take her and get out of here" the guy said and finnick dragged me away.

"Are you ok?" finnick asked

"I guess, ya" I said still shaking.

"I shouldn't have left you alone." He said

"I'm sorry" I whispered

"Look it's ok. What did you even do?" He asked

"Nothing" I said shrugging it off and we went back to the victor village.

**3 days later**

I was alone in my house again. my sister went to go and get something from the garage quickly. I turned on the tv and saw that the president had something to say. "And now we honour our third quarter quell, on the seventy-fifth anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capitol, the male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of victors"

"W-what?" I questioned. then I figured it out. instead of the people being reaped it will be the victors. like me. I'm a victor. like my best friend. like the old lady. I'm not letting her into the games. or am i? I need some time to think. I change into something I could swim in and run out to the ocean. I start to swim. I felt free, like no one could hurt me, and no one could find me. I swim until I saw this beautiful small island. I swam over to it an saw a huge tree in the middle of the small island. I climbed up and saw something carved into the trunk of the tree. marina and finnick was the names carved Into it.hey that's me! and thats my best friend! what does this mean? I feel like I should remember something but I never can remember. ugh! I hate this! this life! I hate it! I want to remember! why can't i remember! maybe if I remember I would not have been forgotten, maybe if I haven't forgot I would be smarter, ready for the games. the games that I somehow won, the games that I still don't understand that well, the game I will most likely go in. I climb down the tree and sit in the sand thinking. trying to remember.

"AHHH!" I yell in frustration. I started to kick, punch and throw things, mostly trees.

"I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO FIGHT!" I yell one more time and look at the water and the tree. you know... I could always.. no! I cant..... But it would be easier..... I would remember.... and it's not like anyone else would care. before I knew it I was completely submerge in the water. I slowly started to lose my breath an-

"MARINA!" my best friend yelled pulling me out of the water. I looked at him and saw the worry in his face. I broke down in tears. I hugged him and cried into his chest.

"Marina..." he sighed hugging me back rubbing my back and taking me to the sand.

"I-I'm so s-sorry" I said In between sobs.

"It's ok marina" he said

"I-I don't want to go... to go b-back" I said

"You might not" he said

"I'm not letting that sweet old lady go in" I said

"I know....let's go back home" he said and we swam home. him keeping an eye on me the whole way back.

______

A/n they announced the quell! What do you think? And oh my gosh guys! I watched catching fire again today and WOW! it was just as good as watching it the first time! and Sam Calflin! HOLY CRAP! Ok.... I'm done my ...umm.... fangirling? Haha ok byeee!!